Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sleepsack Success!

Maybe Noah has been trying to tell me something for a while now. On Sunday, after weeks of fighting with the swaddle, I decided to try one nap with just a sleepsack. I thought arms-free sleeping was going to be the struggle of a lifetime. But guess what? Noah took two nice naps in a row, so I decided to jeopardize my sanity and try a night long attempt at the sleepsack. He woke up once for a pacifier, and once to eat. Last night he only woke up to eat. All of his naps have gone fine. In fact, I think he may be even happier without the swaddle, because as it turns out, my little man loves to turn on his side and fall asleep that way and he couldn't do that in the confinement of the swaddle. I am so glad I bit the bullet and gave the sleepsack a try!

Noah also blessed me with a weekend of excellent nursing, and I've pumped personal record amounts over the last two days. I'm very happy about all of this, because if I can hold off on the formula at least until 6 months, I will feel like less of a failure. (Repeat to self, Lisa, "You are doing the best you can!") ;) Of course, everything could change in the matter of hours, so we'll see how it all plays out.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that the sleep sack worked. We tried putting my daughter in one at 2 months and it was a disaster! Worst two nights ever. Now she uses a Woombie and I got a transitional one where we can put out her arms one and a time. I hope it will work well. So glad breastfeeding is going better for the time being. My daughter is three months now and my nipples still hurt like crazy. I guess it's just my lot as a mom. Oh well.

    Esperanza @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I have a bunch of swaddlers to get us started and a couple of sleep sacks to try as well...all bases covered, I guess. (And I just dropped $20 on "The Happiest Baby on the Block," in case there are any hidden gems in the video...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's incredible that something he totally wasn't ready for just a week or two ago, he's happy with now. Our little ones change so quickly. And you're far from a failure. You love Noah and are doing your best for him in every way. If bf'ing hadn't worked out at all, you would not be a failure, and you're not one for making it this far. Congrats on the improvements, too!

    ReplyDelete