Saturday, October 9, 2010

Inchworm

Noah astounds me with how quickly he develops new skills. Within the last two weeks he's gone from never wanting to be on his tummy to being on his tummy all the time. Then he started pulling his knees under himself and waving his butt around in the air. Now he's getting his knees under himself and trying to push up with his arms. His head pushes into the ground, and he wobbles side to side until he falls in one direction. When doing this, he looks like a little inchworm because he slowly moves himself forward with each butt raise. It's getting him into a little trouble in his crib. Last night he woke crying and I found him with his head crammed into the corner of the crib with his right arm sticking out the slats. Poor little guy. He's still working on sitting. He can lean forward and support himself with his arms for seconds at a time, but that's about it. I'm sure one day soon he'll floor me again and master it completely.


Eating cereal has been another skill we've been working on. At first, he was opening his mouth well but letting most of the cereal drip right out. Now he's keeping most of it in. He appears to be quite excited about venturing into the world of big boy food. He waves his arms and kicks his legs when he sees me getting it ready, and gives me a HUGE smile with the first bite (which doesn't help to keep the cereal in much). He also is starting to grab the spoon so he can chew on it. Up until now I gave the cereal to him with his second to last bottle of the day. Today I decided to give him cereal in the morning as well. He seemed quite pleased to be eating breakfast with mommy. We'll keep this up until the 6 month appointment (yet to be scheduled, I keep forgetting to do that), and then we'll look into more exciting foods to try. Bring on the yucky poop!

October has already been very busy with visitors! My in-laws were here the first weekend. It was a great visit, and all of their cooking, cleaning, shopping, and helping with Noah led me to be the most relaxed I've been in a while.

Playing with Gamma Wendy

My dad came into town Wednesday night and will be here until tomorrow. Then my mom is visiting from the 21st-24th. I guess that's what happens when you have a grandchild 900+ miles from his grandparents! Don't get me wrong though, we LOVE the company! It's fun to share Noah with our family!

Grandpa feeding Noah

2 comments:

  1. I hope Kara starts to "get" tummy time and trying to crawl soon. All she's interested in is sitting these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and so grown up sitting all by himself! I'm enjoying seeing how all the babies born last spring are diverging with their talents and interests already. Charlotte has no interest in crawling, although she's demonstrated a few times that she could if she felt like it- has gotten up on hands and knees, but then looks around and seems to decide that rolling is the best way to get somewhere. She sometimes wakes up smushed into a crib corner, too, but I think she does it on purpose. Her latest thing is grabbing her caterpillar, which usually sleeps above her at the "head" of the crib, and pulling it down to sleep beside her. And the sitting... it happens SO FAST! Now, she's totally stable in every direction except backwards. And she's starting to try to pull herself up from her belly to her knees. This is so much fun! I love seeing your updates.

    ReplyDelete