Thursday, November 11, 2010
Babies, Babies Everywhere!
When Brian and I first moved to the Denver area 5 years ago, we were the only married couple out of all of the friends I made in grad school. It followed suit that we would be the first to have a baby. But wow, they are now following close behind! Every last good friend I've made here is either pregnant, or a new mommy herself. It's been oddly difficult for me at times to be around so many baby bumps, but I'm truly happy for each and every one of them. It's not the same bitter jealousy that I once felt around random pregnant people. It's more of a feeling of "oh how I loved and miss being pregnant." I have a couple of friends who have been dealing with infertility as well. This week, I found out that one of them is finally pregnant! She *should* have a baby about 3 weeks older than Noah, but she lost her baby at 8 weeks last fall. It was heartbreaking to go through that with her, and I felt so guilty since I went on to have my baby. She's now about 16 weeks and due around the same time of year I was. I am SO thrilled for her. I pray that her pregnancy stays uneventful, and come April, Noah will have a new friend (or by that time, about 5 new friends)! This is such a fun time in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also look at pregnant women and think, man I loved that, I want that again. Even though I have my beautiful daughter and would NEVER trade her for anything in the world, I miss being pregnant a lot. I have one set of friends that are pregnant and I'm LOVING living vicariously through them. But part of me also feels a bit, not jealous but, I don't know, maybe it's longing? I hope I get to be pregnant again, but I know I shouldn't be ungrateful for what I have, or take it for granted, and I don't but sometimes I want more. I guess that is the human condition... I have to say, it's cool you'll have lots of babies for Noah to play with. I wish more of my friends (or any of them) had kids. That would be so fun!
ReplyDelete