It really sucks to see you once again. Ah yes, my monthly visitor returned this weekend. I guess I can't complain. 8.5 months postpartum was a good run after all! I feel like this might be the true beginning of the end for breastfeeding though. My supply keeps plummeting, and Noah is maaaybe getting 50/50 milk to formula right now. I don't mind keeping up the pumping, but I'm also getting a little tired of it. My motivation to continue is waning. At least I don't feel the guilt anymore. (Just resentment towards my job.) I've worked my ass off to make it this far, and I'm proud that I've been able to stick with pumping so long. Coworkers and friends always comment on how impressed they are that I'm still pumping. (Aside from the nurse I work with who breastfed her daughter until she was 3 years, 3 months. And I have NO intention of going that far.) If only we could get better at feeding solids. Noah is so picky, and I still feel lost on what he should be eating, and how much.
hating chicken
In other news, last night my brother was over and he was waving at Noah and being goofy in general. And Noah started mimicking him and waving back! It was so cute! His crawling is getting more and more impressive. He's trying to get onto his hands and knees more often, but he still prefers to army crawl. He has tried to pull himself up on things a number of times, but hasn't been able to get to a full standing position. We have about a million toys for him right now, but he still would rather play with pieces of dead leaves or cracker crumbs in the carpet. He knows how to have a good time!
We also went to his friend Wilson's 1st Birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday Wilson!

Having his cake, and eating it too!
We had a lot of fun with all of the little ones in attendance. I still can't believe what a baby explosion there has been within our circle of friends. I guess we're just at that age. Last year most everyone I knew was pregnant with boys. Now the tide has turned and everyone is having girls. I have 3 friends who have had babies since September, and all 3 had girls. I have 6 more friends all due between February and May and 5/6 are having girls. So weird how it seems to go in waves.

I know it's not funny that he won't eat solids, but the "hating chicken" picture is just awesome. It belongs in an album, for sure. He'll get the hang of it...and delaying solids as long as possible is supposed to be a good thing, anyway, up to a point. I think it correlates with fewer food allergies later in life. So there, he's doing you a favor!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEhhhhh . . . wha' ith thith? Ge' ih oudda my mouth !!
ReplyDelete(You come to Grandma's, Sweetie. We'll give you carrots. The thing you love most in the world!)
;-)
I have all the respect in the world for you that you kept up pumping so long. I only made it 3 weeks pumping at my job. Which is actually good because we're finding out that my milk has lipase in it and it all smells and tastes sour, even though it's not. Luckily my daughter will still drink it, sometimes, but I can't stand the way it smells and hate giving it to her. I can't believe all those days of pumping might be for nothing. We shall see.
ReplyDeleteEsperanza @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com
That is so cool that so many friends are having baby. Only one friend of mine is pregnant or has a baby and it can be really, really lonely. No one knows what it's like trying to be a mom to a small baby and keep up friendships. I feel like it puts a lot of pressure on me to have the commitment I used to have, even though that is impossible. I hope all your friends have happy, healthy little ones!