Monday, November 21, 2011

19 Months

This has not been one of the easier months, kiddo. You had a cold, and also sprouted two new molars on the left side. The lower one seems to be causing you quite an achy mouth, and as a result you have been one gigantic grumpasaur. I had pneumonia and bronchitis myself, then did something to my rib cage from all of the coughing, so I've been a bit drained as well. It has all led to this being a trying time around the home front. You are doing some wonderful, little boy things though, so please don't think that Mommy has forgotten how much she loves you!

You have some new words, of course. I'm getting worse about documenting all of them when I hear them, and I'm sure you have some words at daycare that I haven't yet heard. These are the ones I captured: duck, milk, hand, arm, truck, down, paci, pumpkin, Brady (you pronounce it Bady and really this is something you picked up at 18 months), keys, yes, bath, snow, hooray, monkey, poop, puff, baby, box, chin, sheep, shush, thank you, Elmo, hockey, fish, fox, buzz, elbow, hello, all done, shoulder.

Despite your growing vocabulary, there is one word you choose to use more than any other, "NO!" As I said, this has been a trying month... You also like to scream at the top of your lungs and growl angrily when you're not happy about something, which has been happening a lot lately. You never seem to know what you want when you're grumpy. You'll point at your milk, say "milk," but then scream and yell "NO!" when someone offers it to you. Then when we put it back, you yell and point at your milk again. I hope this phase passes soon!

You are starting to string words together. So far it's mostly been "bye bye ___." You say bye bye to lots of things, always with a coy little wave (you put your hand up right next to where your neck meets your shoulder).

When you're in a good mood, you are a loving, sweet little boy. During our hard moments, I always try to remind myself of this. Happy 19 months, sweetheart!

(Pictures to follow. I'll upload some over Thanksgiving break!)

3 comments:

  1. Heehee...NOOOOOO! :) I'm waiting for the day that E will break out with that one. Pictures pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just chiming in to wish your family the merriest of holidays! Christmas last year was fun, but this year... they'll know how to rip the wrapping paper off the presents, and how to play with the toys inside, and (for Charlotte at least) how to (almost) put on the new clothes and model them.

    Merry Christmas!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays! I'd been watching my blogroll for updates from you, and when I didn't see any I thought you were on a new, private blog that I would not have access to. Then, since you commented today, I followed your link back and... VOILA! It's so nice to see pictures and read about Noah's exploits. He's such a cutie!

    It's nice to know you're still here, blogging and reading. I suspect in the next few months, I'll give you plenty of evidence that waiting for another baby was a great decision (which I did not make).

    I hope you have an incredible holiday break, and a fantastic 2012. I'll post some photos soon. Really, I will.

    ReplyDelete