Wednesday, January 4, 2012
A New Year
And I'm feeling a little blue, tinged with some green (teal?). In my head, 2012 has meant the year we conceive baby #2. I couldn't wait for January to get here. But, sadly, Brian is so not on board. And now many of my bloggie buddies and some friends here in Colorado are already planning second babies and visits to the old fertility clinics, with husbands fully on board if not eager themselves. I don't even have the evil luxury of "failed" birth control. Boo. So yes, sad and envious. Just how an infertile is destined to be. I have fingers and toes crossed for a change of heart (followed by a speedy phone call to the RE before the mind changes again). I guess only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry you guys aren't on the same page. Give him a little more time, maybe he'll change his mind. Has he explained why he doesn't want to try for #2? I know in my case, it helped to explain to my husband that I would love for Jackson to have a little brother or sister, that it's not just about me and what I (or we) want. I believe that made an impression. (And man, to be honest, I just think about all those perfect embryos you have on ice, and how you could do an FET instead of a full fresh cycle....so straightforward to try again...) This is so much easier said than done, but try to have patience. Dudes just don't get baby fever the way we do.
ReplyDelete2012 includes 366 days in which to get Brian on board for baby #2. That's a lot of time. Our logic in trying at all for #2 was similar to JB's- we just really wanted our child(ren) to have a sibling. The timing was dictated by insurance- my age limited how much longer we could try, and our insurance year started on 3/1 so that's when we jumped back in.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I hope you and Brian come to an agreement without a lot of stress or frustration for either of you. Meanwhile, Noah continues to be incredibly adorable. Thank you for sharing him with us, your readers. Some day, I'd love to see him play with Charlotte- they sound so much alike!
Happy New Year!
Ohhh, I'm sorry:( That would be so tough. I am one of the lucky ones whose husband is on board and excited, and we would have a lot of tension in our house if he wasn't. When we first got the call that our first RE appt would be on January 10 he was NOT excited because he was going to have to get coverage for his classes (he's a teacher) and he seemed really annoyed by the whole thing at the time. I gave him heck, though, and he got over it:) And after the actual appointment he got really excited.
ReplyDeleteWith my DH I also had the leverage of being a SAHM and saying "You hardly have to do anything anyway, I'm the one who is pregnant and gives birth and stays home with them all day and breastfeeds them and changes 90% of the diapers!" Although there wasn't much convincing going on. He generally follows my lead.
I hope your DH jumps on board soon!
(Oh, and I'm glad you're not private anymore because I ALWAYS forget to check up on private blogs!)
I am with you on the jealous tip. My husband and I are on the same page and that is we can't afford to do any more treatments. I also can't go through another pregnancy and chance another hematoma. So for me Baby I is it. She is my one and only. I just try to be grateful for her and enjoy as many moments as I can. I do hope your hubby gets on board soon though. Can't wait to live vicariously through you and JB as you carry and deliver baby #2.
ReplyDelete