Friday, February 17, 2012

You Know You're a Mom When...

In the last couple of weeks I have had a couple of those moments where it hits you, "Oh my God, I'm such a mom!" Last Friday Brian and I attended a DU Hockey game (because they were playing my beloved Gophers!). During one of the breaks in action they started pumping the song, "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO over the sound system. I immediately started singing along, "I'm Elmo and I know it." I can't even tell you how many times I have watched (and danced to) that song on YouTube with Noah. On the other hand, I am fairly certain I have never heard the original song in its entirety. Then today, as I was driving to work this stupid Mercedes SUV went blasting past everyone, weaving in and out of lanes, and immediately into my head popped, "'HONK!' yelled the dump truck, 'Coming through! I've big important things to do!'" from the adorable book, "Little Blue Truck."

I'm pretty sure my coolness level has dropped at least 50 points. And considering that I was never all that cool or hip to begin with, that might make me the lamest 31-year-old female in the Denver area. But who cares, because I'm pretty certain that Noah thinks I'm the coolest person EVER! And that's all that really matters now.

1 comment: