Monday, April 9, 2012

My Sweet Boy

Work has been awful lately. Stressful. Overwhelming. If you know anything about special education, imagine completing over 100 initial or triennial IEP reports in less than two months. Trying to fit that in on top of a caseload of 29 students amongst three schools, well, let's just say I'm feeling sunk. I've been getting one crushing headache per week on average, and tonight was my lucky night this week. To add to it, Noah was in rare form after getting totally buzzed on Easter candy. He was almost literally bouncing off the walls, which is highly unusual for my mellow, serious boy. It was not helping my headache, and by his bedtime I finally just laid my head down on the couch in front of him. And then he did the sweetest thing. Noah reached out, put his hand on my arm, and asked, "Mommy okay?" So earnestly. The kiss and super enthusiastic hug afterwards was the cherry on top. Just when I think I couldn't possibly love him more.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry work sucks so much lately. I was in SpecEd and have written a lot of IEPs, so I know how much writing 100 of them would SUCK!

    However, that is very sweet of your little Noah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so wonderfully sweet! There must be something about this age that makes little ones suddenly very aware of how Mommy and Daddy are feeling. Is this when empathy starts, maybe? I hope this is just a temporary thing at work- an annual deadline or something that you won't have to revisit for a long time, if ever. And happy almost-birthday, Noah!

    ReplyDelete