Sunday, October 7, 2012

12dp5dt - Beta #2

HCG=149

The nurse said things look good. So why am I still so worried? Noah's beta results were so much higher: 141 and then 521, with a doubling time of 38 hours. These numbers are so much lower. At 12dpt I am now where I was last time at 8dpt. The doubling time is 62 hours. I know websites say the normal doubling time is 31-72 hours, but this just seems underwhelming. It doesn't help that I still have zero symptoms. My chest is barely sore, nothing like when I was pregnant before. I'm a little more tired during the day. Otherwise that is it. I have another blood draw next Tuesday, the 16th. Then an ultrasound on October 26th, if we make it that far. 

I really wish I had been in the 200s today. Ugh.

15 comments:

  1. Repeat after me: it's okay, it's okay, it's okay. My betas, doubling times, and symptoms were completely different with both babies and they were both fresh IVF cycles, same protocols. It's comparing apples and oranges. As long as the numbers are rising as they should (and they are!) you are still in this for the long haul. Think positive, cause the alternative is no fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I needed this.

      Delete
    2. I love you Jen. Thanks for always knowing exactly what to say.

      Delete
  2. Like I said on your last post, I was underwhelmed by my betas with Isaiah's pregnancy when I compared them to Noah's pregnancy. It's impossible to not compare and obsess, I know, but try to ignore your misgivings. I'm sure everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think with a fresh beta all those stims we were on give us completely different early pregnancy symptoms. I've sen tons of FET ladies say that it seems so much different. I find that amazing considering we're still on a boat load of meds. I know it's impossible not to worry but as long as your numbers are rising in the normal window it's time to be optimistic =) Did they set an u/s date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was suppose to be fresh cycle not fresh beta...my typing could clearly use some help today.

      Delete
  4. Don't fret! The numbers are doubling and that's honestly all that matters! FC for the 16th. Gosh that sounds like so long to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I've never been pregnant, I always try to remind myself that as long as I'm in the "normal" range with any IF test, there's nothing to worry about. They call it normal for a reason. Hugs to you - hope you find some peace today and in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all...congratulations on your positive Betas! Try not to stress too much...I know, easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how you calculated your doubling time...they were done 48 hrs apart? If so the doubling time is 40.86 hrs. Totally on the quick end of doubling times =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they were 73 hours apart, for a doubling time of 62 hours. Still in the range of normal and there's no sense in worrying. It won't change anything. But thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  9. I was pretty much symptom free and my beta at 14 days past transfer was 131. Like Jen said each baby and pregancy is different. Try to enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Repeat after me: Still in the range of normal!! People's bodies all react so so differently to FETs than fresh cycles, I don't think we can really trust symptoms being there or not, either way around.

    If you're really struggling do you think your clinic would throw in an extra beta Thurs or Fri to ease your fears? A stressed momma isn't a good thing either. Good luck though- I have faith that this will be a success for you.

    ReplyDelete