Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Fun

I love the season of Fall. Minnesota is much prettier than Colorado at this time of year, so I kind of miss it. One part I really miss is going to Aamodt's Apple Farm outside of Stillwater, MN. I was determined to find something like it out here. So back in September we went to an orchard north of Denver. Website reviews made it sound pretty decent. Well, it was awful. Over an hour drive to hang out at the crappiest little farm/"orchard" ever. The only part any of us enjoyed that day was our stop at Culver's on the way home. Gotta love midwest fast food! (Why don't they have any in metro Denver?) We weren't allowed to pick any apples, as it's by reservation only. Apparently reservations fill up by March or April. All we could do was wander around the pathetic trees, buy apples from their sickly, small supply (we passed), and look at their horses and turkeys. Lame-o.

Not what I had in mind when I thought orchard.

I guess their garden was kind of pretty, minus the tiny biting flies.
Some of the weekends lately have been kind of wet and cold, so we've spent some time inside entertaining ourselves. A couple of weeks ago we had a pajama day. Noah enjoyed finger painting for the first time. And by enjoyed it, I mean he happily painted for a few minutes and then complained that his hands were messy.


This weekend we went to a birthday party for my friend Emily's daughter. We've had a lot of birthday parties lately, and it never fails that if Noah is being a grumpy boy, we can get him going by mentioning "party cake." He loves birthday parties! While everyone was eating their cake, Noah sang "Happy Birthday to you!" It was a cute little moment.

Yum!
Today we went to a pumpkin patch. It's the nicest one I've been to around Denver, but it only opens one weekend a year. Last year it was cold and rainy the whole weekend, so we had to try somewhere else later on. It was fun getting to have the authentic experience of wandering around a field to pick out the best looking pumpkin, rather than digging in a big crate at the grocery store. Noah really seemed to enjoy walking through the vines, despite getting tripped up by them once or twice. He was all smiles, except when I tried to take pictures. Of course.


Noah's baby pumpkin

Our pumpkin treasures. Noah looks thrilled.

In FET news, I POASed again yesterday. I wasn't sure it was a good idea because the line was so dark Wednesday. It probably couldn't get any darker. But I felt a little crampy yesterday, and had the hot feeling I tend to get when my period is close to showing up. I figured at least I could see if it was getting lighter. Luckily, it was still very dark. I'm really hoping the little guy is thriving in there!

18dp5dt or 5w1d

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how they can be 1000% happy and see the camera coming and get serious ;-) Happy you got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather yesterday. Sorry their aren't any orchards...not exactly a CO specialty. Who doesn't get happy when cake is mentioned *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see such a gorgeous dark line for ya! I remember how disconcerting those cramps were, way too similar to pre-AF for my liking. But alas, it's just your ute starting to get comfortable and totally a GREAT sign. Looking forward to your first u/s soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady! I live in MN and was just at Aamodt's a little over a week ago...the day of the call from my RE telling me about my BFP! And yeah, the pic you posted is definitely nothing compared to Aamodt's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post and highly suspected that you were in MN. What other orchard would have that barrel train? I grew up in the northwest suburbs but moved out to Denver for grad school and got sucked into staying. I love going home for visits and hope to permanently move back within the next few years. I miss it so much!

      Delete