Wednesday, October 3, 2012

To Pee or Not To Pee

The two-week-wait is such torture. Mentally, physically, and emotionally. Last time I broke down at 7dpt and tested. Seeing that positive sign was the most amazing experience and I’ll never forget it. The days following were awful though. It was a whole new level of agony trying to determine if the line was darkening or fading. I didn’t get my beta results until 12dpt, so it was a long wait to find out just what exactly was really happening. In some ways I regretted my decision to test early, because it brought on a whole new level of crazy. On the other hand, I think it was probably the right thing at the time since waiting the full 12 days would have really been difficult. Then, after the chemical pregnancy fiasco in May, I decided right then and there that whenever I finally go through with an FET, I would spare myself the pregnancy test misery. The reality is, no matter how many lines pop up, you’re still left to wonder. One line might mean you tested early, or you had a crappy stick, or you peed at the wrong time of day (at least these are the things we tell ourselves because denial is powerful). Two lines might mean you’re pregnant, or it might mean you were pregnant but aren’t anymore. So even though I am in full two-week-wait mental and emotional HELL, I am holding out until that phone call tomorrow. Plus I can’t stand the thought of seeing one line and then still having to shoot that damn PIO into me in the morning. No thank you!


Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Just one more day.

7 comments:

  1. You're right, the wait is just cruel. I can understand both ways on the testing. Your policy of waiting for the blood work is probably the right one...although I have no self control and am a POAS addict *LOL* Hoping you get a very happy call tomorrow =) I'll be stalking your blog for news. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness it's just one more day! But I'm sure that one more day feels like a whole week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your restraint. One more day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more day is nearly here! Hang on, Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing such a great job of waiting. Hoping hoping hoping for a big fat positive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stalking! Wishing you tons of luck today =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck today! I'm anxious to hear how things went, and praying for the best possible outcome!

    ReplyDelete