Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'm A Believer!

In May 2012 I was gearing up for our first FET. I was given an ultrasound where they examined the blood flow to my uterus. The sonographer was impressed by how great everything looked and commented that my lack of caffeine consumption probably supports my fantastic blood flow. During my last FET in March, my lining didn't look great. It was thick, but not multilayered. Dr. A said it was probably a blood flow issue. I wasn't convinced since my previous clinic told me the opposite. Dr. A suggested pentoxifylline for this cycle to see if it would help me create a triple stripe lining. I was very skeptical that this would do anything. Actually, I was worried that the increase in blood flow would make my lining too thick, so I only took half the dose I was prescribed. Well, today I am a believer! At my lining check today not only was I not too thick (11.6mm), but I had the elusive triple stripe! They were so pleased with how everything looked that they decided to bump my transfer from Thursday to Tuesday. Tonight I triggered, so we are just 5 days from meeting our little blastocyst! The appointment left me feeling really hopeful for this cycle. It wasn't without a little difficulty though. When I arrived, I heard a little girl coming out of the office with her dad. She was asking if she could have a lollipop and he was telling her she had already had enough candy for the day. The interaction made me smile because I often have the same arguments with Noah. Then the whole family entered the waiting room to check out and I noticed that the little girl was holding ultrasound pictures. Her dad made a comment about how she was holding a picture of her little brother or sister. She made an excited comment which again made me smile, and then suddenly I was fighting back tears. I really hope my family gets that moment someday soon. A week ago was my Junebug's due date, and not a day goes by where I don't think about how close we came.

4 comments:

  1. That is such great news about your triple stripe! Dr A is a smart man =) Holding out every hope that this is your cycle, can't wait to hear from you on Tuesday.

    Every time I read your blog my heart is heavy for you and your Junebug. I am so hopeful that your time is coming really, really soon {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the triple stripe! You will get that moment. I am hoping it is this cycle! But you will get that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the triple stripe! What an exciting time! And what a sweet moment at the clinic. I hope that same thing for you.

    Also, so sorry about your sweet Junebug. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats pretty interesting and I will bring it up to my RE. My lining is not trilaminar but it was thick enough. If my FET does not work I will def ask about this.

    ReplyDelete