I have been looking forward to this appointment for three weeks. Clearing twelve weeks always feels like such a milestone. I knew that I would only get a doppler today but I was fine with that. Hearing the heartbeat is just as reassuring as seeing the baby. The nurse got right to work and scanned and scanned. After about a minute she gave up and said, "You just want an ultrasound, don't you?" I think she was talking to the baby, but I'm not sure. She quickly grabbed the machine while I sat alone in the room reassuring myself that everything would be fine. As she got the gel ready, she joked that this baby just wanted to show off on an ultrasound and thought it was funny to make mommy nervous. Ha yeah, great joke. Thankfully, as soon as she placed the probe on my abdomen baby popped up and before I could see the heartbeat, I saw him/her waving arms and legs around. Sweet relief! We measured baby's heartbeat at 150 but s/he kept moving so it was hard to get a really good read on it. But really, who cares? I am just so relieved, thrilled, and grateful to be here! This might sound silly, but sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant. I see other pregnant women and feel the pangs of envy and wonder when it will finally be me. It's a mindset I was in for so long that it has just become a (bad) habit. But then I remember, holy crap! I am pregnant! Not having seen doctors and taken boatloads of meds to get here, it's easy to forget.
Thank you universe. Thank you God. I will never take a second of this for granted.
I didn't get to tell Noah tonight as hoped. Turns out Brian has conferences tonight, and I obviously want him to be part of the big news! We can't tell him tomorrow either, because we're leaving Noah at preschool late for a special Parents' Night Out for Valentine's Day. We made dinner reservations and probably won't pick up Noah until 8:00 which is too late to break such big news. So Saturday it is. I can't wait!! We will be sharing on FaceBook tomorrow though. Here's the announcement with the best picture from today's ultrasound:
I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day filled with love!
So glad all is well! So happy for you!
ReplyDeletewonderful news! so glad it went well! congrats!
ReplyDeleteWOO-HOO!!!! Love the announcement and can't wait to hear how Noah reacted to the news =)
ReplyDelete