How Far Along: 16w1d
How Big Is Baby: About the size of an avocado (4.5", 3.5oz)
Sex: I still have no idea. I dreamt about taking Noah for a haircut and then suddenly I had two little boys with me at the salon. I never saw the other boy's face (and for whatever reason he was the older of the two), but when I woke up I loved the idea of another little boy.
Symptoms: I still get completely winded walking up stairs at home, I'm constantly hungry but can't a lot before I feel full, more frequent trips to the bathroom, growing stomach, stretching/pulling sensations (especially bad when constipated), that uncomfortable feeling of my chest resting on my belly when sitting down
Food
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really, although Brian might want to argue. We currently have mini drumsticks, a pint of Ben and Jerry's new Peanut Butter Fudge Core, and Snickers ice cream bars in our freezer. :)
Belly Button: Much to my surprise, it's trying to stick out already. Sheesh.
Sleep: So far, so good. Last night wasn't great, but that's because my idiot dog decided he needed to go outside at 2:30am, the first night before work after "springing forward." Thanks Gilbert.
Stretch Marks: Nothing new, but the old ones are clearly visible.
Weight Gain: I weighed myself at 116 the other morning, which would put me up about 7 pounds, but I never weighed myself on our scale before so I don't know how much different it reads from the OB's scale. I'll find out later this week.
Maternity Clothes: I am definitely moving towards all maternity. The only problem is that all of the work pants I bought 4 years ago are super wide leg. I don't know if fashion has changed significantly in that time or if my style just changed significantly, but I have no desire to wear any of them. I bought one pair of skinny leg black pants but most other days I'm using the be band to keep my regular pants on. I hesitate to buy much because what I'm really going to need is summer maternity wear which I currently have none of.
Movement: I am anxiously waiting for this to start! It was during my 16th week with Noah that movement started to become obvious. Every once in a while I think I might feel something, but so far nothing consistent or convincing.
What I Miss: Nothing really.
What I’m Looking
Forward To: Movement! Hearing the heartbeat at my OB appointment this week.
Best Moment This
Week: This weekend was gorgeous. Despite almost a foot of snow on Friday, Saturday warmed up into the 40s and we hit the local sledding hill. I didn't participate, but it was still fun watching Noah and Brian live it up.
| Yes, he wore his hockey helmet. Pick your battles. :) |
Milestones: Every day I'm pregnant feels like a milestone! I really wasn't sure this would ever happen for us.
The Bump:
![]() |
| Apparently my shirt really holds things together! It looks so much bigger unleashed! |


Love! Ice cream is always a craving preggo or not for me =) So exciting that movement will be starting soon.
ReplyDeleteYOU'RE PREGNANT!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Man I am so out of the loop.
ReplyDelete