Tuesday, July 8, 2014

33 Weeks

How Far Along: 33w2d

How Big Is Baby: This week's food comparisons include a pineapple or a durian fruit (never heard of it). Baby should measure around 17 inches and weigh around 4 pounds. Maybe. I think I tend to grow smaller babies.

Sex: It's much easier for me to picture another little boy. Last night I had a baby girl dream, and I was so excited because I have loved our girl name for years, but I still think it'll be a boy.

Symptoms: I'm still having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, and I've had a couple more ocular migraines. Today baby has felt very low and ready to escape. Some days I feel like I'll be really lucky to make it to full term.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Give me all the candy! And ice cream!

Belly Button: Out. I don't know why I even include this anymore.

Sleep: We changed the mattress I was sleeping on since my last post, and things have improved again. I wake up to pee occasionally, but most nights I sleep straight through til morning. I am completely amazed by this.

Stretch Marks: No new ones yet.

Weight Gain: I haven't weighed myself since my 28 week OB appointment.

Maternity Clothes: Again, I don't know why I include this anymore. I live in maternity wear, and so far everything still fits.

Movement: Continued hiccups, although maybe not quite as often. Lots of pushing feet against my ribs. I've had a couple instances of sharp pains in my cervix. I remember with Noah I likened it to the feeling of someone scratching you with fingernails from the inside. So pleasant.

What I Miss: Same as always: picking up Noah. (And I will miss being in Minnesota.)

What I’m Looking Forward To: Sleeping in my own bed and being able to use the bench in our own shower again! We are Colorado bound tomorrow! I am also looking forward to my "32 week appointment," which will actually be taking place at 34 weeks since we've been in MN since mid-June. Although I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, it's been a long time since I've had any prenatal appointments and I would like reassurance that everything is still on track and looking good.

Best Moment This Week: On Sunday we went to my in-laws' country club and swam. It was so amazing to be able to hold Noah and cuddle with him in the water! He's still such a mama's boy, and a total snuggle bug.

Milestones: Another week closer!

The Bump:


I didn't take a formal picture this week, but we took our annual family portrait in front of the lake at 32w6d. Last one as a family of 3! The funny thing about this picture is that when I reviewed the images on the camera, I was taken aback at my large tummy. I'm so used to a similar looking picture each year, and my brain temporarily forgot that I'm massively pregnant this year! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great family/bump pic =) Looks like you had a great time. Hope you're enjoying your bed...and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete