How Far Along: 34w2d
How Big Is Baby:
According to BabyCenter, baby is about the size of a cantaloupe. Weight
estimates at 34 weeks are 4.75lbs and length estimates are 18 inches. Again, I
would guess this baby is measuring below both of those stats considering Noah
was born at 40w2d and he was 6lb12oz and 19.5”, and I was only 6lbs8oz myself
(8 days past my due date).
Sex: I am
sticking with my boy prediction. Brian and Noah also think it’s a boy. My mom
and dad are both saying girl.
Symptoms:
Braxton Hicks contractions all. the. time. Baby often still feels super low. I
have had a couple more ocular migraines. I am so over them. I wish I knew how
to prevent them, but staying hydrated and resting doesn’t seem to do jack. I
have on and off swelling in my feet, ankles, and calves.
Food
Cravings/Aversions: Not much lately.
Belly Button:
Yup, still out.
Sleep:
Readjusting to high altitude after spending a month in MN has not been easy.
The first couple nights I couldn’t fall asleep, and once I did I woke up all
the time. The third night I fell asleep okay but then I woke up and couldn’t
fall back asleep. (Side note, that night at 4:45am I heard mountain lions
meowing and screaming outside. Very eerie, and didn’t help me fall back asleep
either!) Last night I finally had a good night of sleep again. I hope it
continues. My hips are getting achier and rolling over is becoming an Olympic
event, one in which I am NOT medaling.
Stretch Marks:
Nothing new, yet.
Weight Gain: Well,
while in MN I indulged in a lot of peanut M&M’s, chubby hubby, and ice
cream bars. Our scale this week showed me fluctuating between 139.5-141.5,
which is officially the heaviest I have ever been. My feet and legs were quite
swollen though. At the OB however, I weighed 137.2, so I’m up about 28-29
pounds. For the record, my final total with Noah was 28 pounds.
Maternity Clothes:
All day every day. I have a limited number of tank tops and t-shirts, and
although I would like more variety and less frequent laundering of what I do have, it seems silly to go out and
buy anything this late in the game.
Movement: Oh
yes, sometimes I think this baby is already training to be a gymnast or
contortionist. And lately, s/he has decided that my bedtime is the perfect time to really go nuts! The
nurse confirmed that baby’s rear end is sticking out to the left side of my
abdomen. At my next appointment in 2 weeks they’ll do an ultrasound to confirm
how baby is positioned.
What I Miss: Not
having Braxton Hicks contractions all the time. Sleeping through the night
every night.
What I’m Looking
Forward To: Now that we’re home I am looking forward to getting things in
order around here for the new baby. We have assembled the crib, but that’s
about it. Lots left to do!!
Best Moment This
Week: Nothing in particular comes to mind, but it’s good to be home.
Milestones:
Another week down!
The Bump:
And for fun, a comparison between my two pregnancies.
Is it just me, or do I actually look like I'm carrying a little higher this time? That's incredibly hard for me to believe based on how I feel! Hmmm.



I don't think you look higher; I just think you look fuller overall. And I can't wait to meet this little one!
ReplyDeleteI kind of agree. The more I look at it, the more it just looks rounded out at the top as compared to before.
ReplyDelete