Saturday, September 20, 2014

Under One Roof

The NICU days are over! I can't tell you how excited we were to arrive on Friday and see the "HOME TODAY!" added to her daily update. She left the hospital at 34 days old weighing what Noah did at birth. :)

Last day!
Her NICU crib, empty!
Going home!
It has been a total whirlwind so far, and at times it feels a little overwhelming. We have several medications and vitamins that must be administered at different times of day, and it's hard to remember them all and the appropriate methods of administration. I also have no idea how to balance pumping, feeding, and cleaning pump parts and bottles while also making sure I get some sleep. Last night I ended up only getting to sleep between 1:30am-5:00am, although I woke up at 2:00 to make sure Brian would feed her at 2:30. Yup, I'm already exhausted, and yup, it's totally worth it! I know from experience that it doesn't last forever, and these days will be gone in the blink of an eye. Our family is now complete (more on that later), and I know that I need to cherish these days of having an infant no matter how hard they feel.

Noah has been a very good big brother. He really adores his little sister! Every once in a while he will walk over to the Rock 'n' Play and rock her or pat her head. He insists that she "wants her big brother" and has asked to hold her a couple of times. I really look forward to watching their relationship evolve over time. 
 
She came home on oxygen because we live at 8900 feet. It's common here, but after a month of her constantly being attached to cords and wires, I was really hoping she wouldn't need it!
When we found out Elodie was coming home, I told Brian that I would spend the whole weekend just staring at her and playing dress up with all of her new clothes. So far I am making good on that statement. We are so blessed!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet girl! Welcome home! I hope you are getting lots of snuggles and sweetness with your girl. :) It's just the best getting to come home and have lots of time to bond. Between having different people help us with the twins and even between the two of us, we ended up posting a chart of which meds had been administered each day. I had a hard time remembering with the sleep deprivation! I know you'll figure it out and get in a groove. Happy news! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh!!! YAY!! What a fun update full of joy and happiness! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, wow, that's so awesome that she is finally home. Oh, I bet it feels so good! Congratulations to you all, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete