I also remembered to ask for copies of her MRI images from November. Brian is never able to attend appointments with me and I wanted him to be able to see her progress. It's simply amazing.
This is a top down view. In August, the bright white blob in the middle of her head is cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The light grey material around the edge of her skull is her brain matter. As of November, most of the fluid has successfully drained out. All of the squiggly grey stuff is her brain matter, and as you can see it is now taking up most of her skull. The occipital lobe (back middle) continues to have the least "typical" brain matter, but her neurosurgeon expects continued healing since it was the most impacted to begin with.
This is a cross section view. In August, you can see a giant fluid pocket. (It looks like two in the picture but it's actually all one, the black ovals are all CSF.) Most of her brain was squished to the front. As of November, the entire area was filled in with her brain matter. These pictures make me cry happy tears! I know there's no guarantee that she doesn't have significant brain damage. A brain can look great and still have a poor outcome, and the opposite is also true. However, I find it extremely encouraging and with how well she is doing, I really think she's going to continue to excel. We feel so very blessed!
Elodie is pretty excited, too!

Wow, this was absolutely fantastic to read! I keep thinking of your post when you found out something was so terribly wrong, and MAN, what a miracle that she is so healthy and happy and amazing now days. YAY FOR ELODIE!!
ReplyDeleteSuch great news!!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely amazing!!! It must have been a dream to hear the doc has no concerns. So happy for you all =) Love the picture of her, she is beautiful!
ReplyDelete