Monday, August 3, 2015

Eleven Months!


In less than two weeks, Elodie is going to turn one, so I better get on this! We spent most of Elodie's 11th month in Minnesota visiting the grandparents. I hope to make a post about that soon, loaded with pictures of course. There were a couple of exciting new skills this month. Elodie learned how to clap while playing pat-a-cake with my mom and she will mimic waving! It's very cute to watch her get excited and clap her hands. She does it both spontaneously and when prompted. Elodie also started to mimic some sounds. After lots of peekaboo sessions with Grandmas, she started trying to say the word "peekaboo!" (Click the link for the video!) She also tried to repeat the word "teeth" with striking accuracy. Such a smart little girl! She continues to roll everywhere she wants to go, and began experimenting with scooting on her back. Elodie also learned how to make an adorable "mean face." So fierce! ;)


We had some issues with granulation tissue forming around her Mickey button (her gtube), and that was no fun to get taken care of, but it seems to be getting better finally. At the appointments I took her to for that, we learned that she currently weighs around 17.5 pounds, and she is 28" long. I think that's close to my size when I turned one. I really do think she takes after me! 

Elodie experienced lots of first this month including her first plane ride, her first boat ride, and her first road trip, but I'll save all that for my Minnesota post! There is a lot I want to write about this month, so hopefully I'll be back soon!

I seriously love those nose wrinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment