Sunday, September 27, 2015

Stitch Fix #3

This is my third Stitch Fix shipment and I was honestly afraid to open the box. I told Brian that if I found one more purse, I was going to go ballistic! (I did complain last time, and was totally brushed off by customer service, assuring me that they pay very detailed attention to their clients' notes and feedback. Uh huh, right...) Think I found a purse?

No, thankfully there was no purse. :) Instead, I was pleasantly surprised with everything, and happy to see that they even included the right size jean this time! The third time's a charm they say, right?

I tried on the Just Black Adorra Skinny Jean ($88) first (pictured throughout this post), hoping to love them because I really could use a new pair. Unfortunately, they were at least 6 inches too long! The stylist wrote that they look cute cuffed, but I'm not going to spend $88 on jeans that aren't exactly how I want them to be. 


I then threw on the Pixley Edmond Chevron Print Henley Shirt ($54) since it totally caught my eye. I really like the colors, style, and fit. And it's really soft! Definitely keeping this one.

Next I tried on the 41Hawthorn Helix Pullover Sweater ($68). It's very simple, but also very soft, and I like the contrast between the dark purple and pink stripes. In person you can also see that the dark purple has hints of pink and blue threading in it. I have almost zero nice sweaters in my closet, so I think this is another keeper.


When I saw the 41Hawthorn Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse ($58), I almost gagged. It looked pretty ugly sitting in the box, but knowing that clothing can surprise me, I hesitantly tried it on. I actually think it's kind of cute. However, it is 100% polyester, and though it is unseasonably warm for late September, I was sweating within a minute or two of putting this on. I also think it's a little too formal and dressy for someone who stays home with two babies changing poopy diapers all day. So, it's going back.


Last, I eventually found a plain tank top and tried on the Market & Spruce Bri Knit Cardigan ($48). I almost didn't bother trying it on because I already have several thin knit cardigans similar to this one. However, I have always wanted a black or grey one because all of mine are bolder colors (royal blue, coral, navy and oatmeal stripe, hot pink, and teal). That leaves me on the fence. I don't find this one super special or anything, but it fits well and is very comfortable. Hmm.


So, I'm feeling much better about how this fix went, considering that I ended up liking everything. I'm feeling hopeful for what I'll see next month! If you want to learn more, or try Stitch Fix for yourself, you can do that by clicking here!

(Sidenote: I feel like I completely suck at taking pictures! Josey, how do you do it? Also, I hope you enjoyed Elodie's cameo between my legs at one point. And don't judge the dirty mirror. With two small kids I don't even bother wiping the handprints off. They'll just be there again in a few hours.)

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I just take selfies in the mirror like you! I try to do them during the day with lots of natural light coming in the window. My mirror is always dirty too, though. :)

    I'm glad you liked your box better this time! Lots of cute tops - I think I like the Helix sweater best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send it back already? I LOVE that blouse you're sending back! If we were the same size, I'd have you send it to me! ha! I also love the chevron shirt. And, I can never find jeans that I don't need to cuff- arg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's on its way back to Cali. Seriously though, that polyester would've KILLED you in the Texas heat and humidity! It did not breathe at all. Unless you're a lady and never sweat, and in that case lucky you! ;-)

      Delete