Monday, November 9, 2015

What Do Doctors Know? (And Halloween)

On October 26th, at 14 months and 10 days, Elodie took her first steps! She did two in a row, and then a couple single steps. Since then, she has upped her record to about 8-10 steps in a row. Brian is predicting that she will be fully walking by Thanksgiving. I think that's a fair prediction. Take that perinatologist! My daughter is not only going to walk, she's going to walk well within a typical time frame!

Hey, I'm walkin' here!
We were all sick for Halloween so we kept it pretty low-key. Brian took us to his school's Trick-or-Treat Street event and Noah scored a ton of candy. Then Brian took Noah to the only local neighborhood where houses are close enough together to actually make trick or treating possible. We carved pumpkins the night before as well, but Noah still finds it completely disgusting so Brian did all the work.

My "super" awesome kids!

I will admit, it was never my dream to dress up my daughter as a male sidekick for her first Halloween costume (she only had pjs last year), but none of the other infant costumes spoke to me. And it was cute anyway. She has the rest of her life to dress as a princess or a fairy or something else girly, if that's what she chooses. 

In other news, Elodie continues to get more verbal. She says yay, tickle, doggy, head, light, all done, all day, and uh-oh. She might also say daddy, mama, and hi. She's pointing like crazy, which is always accompanied with something that either sounds like "shky" or "da-ee." She's amazing. Noah is continuing to do well in Kindergarten. He loves to sound out words and spell them on paper. He makes me so proud.


I am so lucky to call these two beautiful children mine.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for walking already!
    I also have to giggle at all the words. Harvey is 22 months old and probably has a similar number of words as Elodie. I think she's doing fantastically well. :)
    I love the sidekick outfits!

    ReplyDelete