Where has the time gone? February and March feel like they just blew by. A lot has happened, too. Noah got pretty sick for the first time, my last living grandparent, Grandma Lee, passed away, and Noah started a new daycare situation. He now spends his days with his new friend Olivia and her awesome mom Valerie. Aside from waking up earlier to get him to daycare by 7:00, and despite paying $300 more per month, I have no complaints. We love our new arrangement!
Between 10 and 11 months, Noah didn't seem to learn many new tricks. He figured out how to pull himself up on his walker and zoom around without our help (until he hits a wall, and then he turns to us and fusses). But I think being sick almost all month kept him from getting very adventurous. However, since he turned 11 months a week ago, he's done all kinds of exciting things. First, he repeated the word "yes" at 11 months, 1 day. Then, at 11 months, 5 days he stood all by himself. We were "FaceTiming" my mom, and wouldn't you know it? Her screen froze. So she missed him standing there waving at the phone, not holding on to anything. Go figure!
I can stand!
And, at 11 months, 6 days... Noah sprouted his first tooth! We have a little shark baby! Both Brian and I teethed late (I was over a year), so the pediatrician guessed he would teethe late, too. I'm glad he waited. I wouldn't want to get bit with that thing! Noah has also learned to scoot himself around 360 degrees. He sits with one foot tucked in front him, and then uses his other leg to spin himself in a circle. It's pretty funny to watch. I'm also pretty sure he thinks he's part dog. He and Gilbert have been learning to play together. Noah loves to shove toys in Gilbert's face, and laughs wildly when Gilbert actually takes something from him. Noah has also taken to dog habits. He crawls with objects in his mouth, and when Gilbert growls, Noah growls back. They are pretty cute together!
My son, the dog-child
As far as day-to-day facts go, at 11 months, Noah weighs around 17.5 pounds. He drink 4 bottles per day, between 6-8oz each. He eats 2 meals a day, and prefers to feed himself. Spoon-feeding is something only mommy and daddy are allowed to do with him (he will cry if Valerie tries to spoon feed him), but even with us it's hit and miss. We're working on letting him try small portions of our dinner, so now he has tried things like salmon, ground turkey, cheese (loves it!), avocado, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, chicken, hot dog, macaroni and cheese, and crescent rolls. Most things he has enjoyed, but if he doesn't like something there is NO convincing him to open his mouth. Naps are still amazing. He takes naps twice a day for 1-2 hours each (usually closer to 2 hours). Overnight, he usually sleeps 10 hours. We've had a few nights recently where he has woken up crying, but I'm chalking that up to teething. Overall, this kid can sleep! (Finally!)
And now, some pictures!
Taken at 11 months, on the dot
Kisses for Mommy!
Space Baby!
Trying on Daddy's hat
Noah's wild-and-crazy-guy face!
Love you, little bug!

I love his face in that last picture! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteI love his little smile- his whole face beams! That's funny that Noah is learning tricks from his "big brother" Gilbert. Charlotte doesn't seem to learn anything from our cats, which is good (they're trouble-makers), but she does admonish them when they jump up on the table. Happy 11 months to Noah and your family!!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap, how cute is he? I hope Jackson doesn't learn too much from our dog...she's a little scamp. She'd teach him to steal food and pee on a dog bed. Yuck.
ReplyDelete