Sunday, March 11, 2012

Agreement

There has been a lot of talk in the house just recently about baby number two. For a long time Brian didn't seem to be coming any closer to wanting another. I stopped bringing it up for a while because I couldn't handle feeling the disappointment each time he made a face or asked how on earth I thought we could afford it. I started to feel resentful and bitter. It wasn't a good situation.

Then last week Noah crawled into daddy's lap, looked up with his big brown eyes, and said, "Love you Daddy." Unprompted. Spontaneous. Then he crawled into my lap and said, "Love you Mommy. Kiss? Thank you." And off he ran. Well, that seemed to make Brian's heart grow two sizes that day, and suddenly it is not just me talking about another baby anymore.

I think for some men, the beginning is tough. They don't experience the pregnancy the same way, they don't have the attachment and bonding of breastfeeding, and babies tend to favor mommy for a long time. Now that Noah is starting to interact so much more and display affection both verbally and physically, I think Brian is starting to get that stronger attachment I've felt since the day I saw the second line. I wish it hadn't taken so long, but I'm so glad he got there.

We have big plans for this summer! Is it here yet??

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I knew he would come around in a matter of time. Who wouldn't want Noah #2? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 There is something to be said for those serious moments of bonding between dad and son. V went on a trip last week and E seriously missed him. He's been running over for more hugs and pickups than before. I can tell it makes a difference. <3 Yay! so happy to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay!! I told Matt today that I could easily have 30 of these buggars! I love them so much...I'm already ready for #3! He is not agreeing with me....lol! Hopefully he comes around too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful he's moving in the same direction!

    And I think it DOES take men longer. Justin has always loved Noah, but there is definitely much more of a real relationship between the two of them now, that wasn't there even a few months ago. I think for the first few weeks after we found out we were pregnant, he was actually more excited than I was!!! (intense fear of multiples will do that to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for you. And as much as #2 would be loads of fun and love for you and Brian, watching the sibling interaction is absolutely priceless. Good luck- summer will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome... good luck this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! So jealous you've got so many great blasts left on ice - lots of tries/siblings left there for you!

    ReplyDelete