Monday, March 19, 2012

Appointment

Today I scheduled our FET consult appointment! This is really going to happen! We'll have a new doctor this go around because our previous doctor left and started his own practice. I'm a little bummed about that because I really loved and trusted him, but I have faith that our new doctor will be equally amazing. If anyone has experience with Dr. Bush at Conceptions, let me know! From what the nurse explained, it sounds like this whole FET process will be a walk in the park compared to a fresh cycle. We won't be doing a transfer until later this summer, but it feels very exciting to get back on their radar. Cue my baby fever!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know you had any frosties! I was thinking for some reason that you were going to do a regular IVF for #2! Yippee! It's such an easier process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I think FET cycles take longer (including a mock transfer cycle first) but are easier and cheaper which sounds like a winning combo to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the consult scheduled! The FET is much easier, at least the way my clinic does it. Refresh ID bloodwork, redo sonohysterogram to make sure all's well inside the uterus, and away you go on CD1. Estrace, then prometrium when the lining is thick enough. And then transfer 5 days after prometrium. I think other clinics time it to your natural cycle, or may have you on lupron ahead of time. No idea how that works.
    I'm glad you guys are on the same page about #2 now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Iknow nothing about FETs,but it can't be as involved as a fresh cycle. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete