That was how the doctor described my uterus today... "picture perfect." I find you get a lot of weird compliments when going through fertility procedures. Everything today went as smooth as I could hope for. I have to say, watching a camera enter into your uterus is a weird thing, and it looks so much cleaner and pinker than I ever would have guessed. The doctor I saw today was not my doctor, but I wish he was. He seemed far more personable, and it turns out he grew up in the neighborhood I work in, so he was excited to hear about what's new with all the schools he attended as a kid. I'm glad he got to handle all of my procedures today and wish I could have him for the real transfer. Oh well, whatever.
I remembered to ask about success rates for FET versus a fresh cycle. He said that yes, the success rate tends to be lower with an FET, but he felt really optimistic based on the quality of our frozen blasts and with how successful our previous single embryo transfer worked out. He also recommended just a single embryo transfer this time around, and that makes me happy. I like hearing the same advice from different docs. And if it doesn't take the first time, I feel like I'll be ok with that (well, more ok than I would have been last time around). I would love to have another spring baby so I can take advantage of a longer maternity leave, but I don't feel quite so desperate. I already hit the baby jackpot with Noah, so I feel like it's not a question of "if" anymore, but a question of "when." And that's so much easier to swallow.
I should also mention, I nearly passed out after the hysteroscopy. I kind of suck with medical procedures, and the littlest thing can cause me to feel faint. It all started in 5th grade science class when we pricked our fingers to find out what type of blood we have. I got all woozy and had to lie down in the nurse's office. It was weird because I wasn't freaked out or anything. I was happily looking at my blood on the slide and then my body just reacted. Ever since, I've had a hard time with needles. I think it's more psychosomatic than anything so when I hear that I'll be getting poked, I already start to worry that I'll end up feeling faint. As the medical assistant talked me through the whole procedure today, I figured I'd be in trouble. Sure enough, as I was paying the bill the whole world started fading out. I sat down and a nurse brought me a CapriSun to boost my bloodsugar. (It probably didn't help that I hadn't had lunch yet.) I was fine after a couple of minutes, and very thankful that the waiting room cleared out just before it happened. I hate being such a wimp and the fewer witnesses, the better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

After my HSG a few years ago I asked my OB is my uterus looked normal (it was not shaped like an upside triangle like all the pictures of HSGs I'd seen). He told me "It's as normal as you are."
ReplyDeleteI never did know how to take that, seeing as he always teased me and I knew he thought I was way too Type A and over-absorbed with my fertility status. lol
This missing lunch thing will NOT be okay once you're pregnant. The already living are going to have to take a back seat to the One Who Must Be Fed.
ReplyDeleteLove, Your Mother
Just getting caught up on your blog, and I'm so excited for you and Brian!! I know you've been wanting this for awhile. So, I hope that everything goes just great for you guys. Thinking of you, Lisa :). Best of luck!
ReplyDelete