Saturday, June 22, 2013

Acupunture, Tongue Reading, and Superstitions

Yesterday was my acupuncture appointment. It was fine, but I'm a bit of a skeptic. It's hard to believe that 20ish needles (not containing drugs) poked into my skin can really do anything to help me get pregnant, but I've heard plenty of stories of people who swear it helped them finally succeed. In fact, while I was getting my haircut yesterday the stylist told me about a friend of hers who suffered countless miscarriages and after acupuncture she's now 30 weeks. So who knows. It can't hurt right? I'll be doing it again the day of transfer, and since it was cheaper than I expected, I might do it again before my first beta. We'll see if I feel like driving all the way there. The only other interesting thing about the acupuncturist involved a tongue reading. She asked me to stick it out, made a couple "hmm" noises, and then asked if I have any sleeping or anxiety disorders. I told her that I'm a pretty anxious person, and she said it shows in the shape and color of my tongue. The tip is pointy and red, and the rest is rounder and pinker. Umm, okay. (Ok friends, now go check your tongues.) Anybody else ever have someone read your tongue?

In other news, Brian surprised me today by getting all superstitious. The extra room upstairs is currently full of boxes we haven't unpacked yet. Well, this morning I found him in the living room sorting through a bunch of junk. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was clearing out the "baby's room." Apparently he thinks it's bad luck to leave it as a storage space when we do our transfer. Aww. And here I thought if the sole decision was up to him, Noah would be an only child. He's so cute! I don't want to jinx anything, but both of us feel a lot more positive about this particular FET. I hope we're right!

2 comments:

  1. My acupuncturist always asked to look at my tongue. And would then ask me questions about my cycle (did you have a heavy period?) that were almost always accurate. Not idea how it works but I was also skeptical. Cute that your DH is grasping for all he can do for the FET too...what a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that tongue reading this is kind of weird and awkward. I always felt so self conscious.

    ReplyDelete