Forgive me, but I need to vent. During my last FET, Noah came down with a fever and cold the day of transfer. Inevitably I also got sick. Not what you want for your two week wait. And he got sick because a friend invited us over while her daughter's nose dripped like a faucet. Gee, thanks. Trying to get pregnant isn't important to me or anything. Well, over the weekend I hung out with the same friend again, and her daughter woke up from her nap feeling hot. She insisted she was fine two days later when she invited me back over. And then Monday morning I got a text that her son is now sick too, with fever and barfing. I am so annoyed. Both with her and with myself. I should have known. I should have listened to the nagging fear that we'll get sick again this two week wait. I should have known that her kids are always sick with something. And if that sounds insensitive, I guess I kind of agree. But I'm just so pissed I don't even care. Because Noah woke up with a fever this morning and is miserable. And now my friend is also sick, so this doesn't appear to be one of those little kid viruses that adults seem to dodge. Dammit.
The good news? Our transfer went smoothly yesterday. Perfect uterine lining. No sticky embryo trying to avoid my uterus on first try. No embryos that didn't survive the thaw. Just this little guy who I'm pinning all my hopes and dreams on. Because as much as I love my remaining six frosties, I pray that I won't need to meet any of them any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm no expert, but this looks like a great little embryo! Crossing fingers, toes and eyelashes for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, so sorry about the sickness. How annoying.
That is one amazingly beautiful blast!!! Hope you don't get sick but hope even more for your little embie to dig in =)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! I hope you dodge the germs and that Noah gets better soon.
ReplyDelete