Tuesday, October 22, 2013

FET Stress

This FET has stressed me out more than the others. The biggest stressor has been moving our embryos again. It felt like the universe completely conspired against me to make this an easy process. Our old clinic sent me the consent form a month ago. We had it signed and notarized at the beginning of October, and mailed it to the lab shortly after. When I called to follow up, the nurse originally told me they didn’t have it. I then faxed a copy of the form to her and she said we could make all of the arrangements. I think that was a Friday. The following week I got a call from her explaining that they finally received my original copy of the form, but that apparently the lab that is holding our embryos changed their consent form and we would need to get a new one signed and notarized. Over the weekend we tried to get that done, but my mom was in town and we ended up being too distracted to remember. Yesterday we had two notaries turn us down explaining that they weren’t allowed to notarize our particular form. I was starting to feel stabby, but we finally found someone willing and capable. This morning I called the nurse from our old clinic to confirm that everything was a go for the transport today, and guess what? She’s sick and out of the office. The one person who can give us the go ahead. In the meantime I’ve got the transport company waiting in the wings to make the move calling me to check the status. I called the actual lab where our frosties were and they wouldn’t help me because it needed to go through my clinic. Rage and panic ensued. Frantic phone calls were made. The sick nurse called me from home with a raspy, awful sounding voice. I had to fax yet another form but their fax machine wasn’t working. Then, finally, clouds parted, sun beamed down, and everything was arranged. Now I’m just waiting for the phone call to tell me that my babies are back where they should be.


The good, non-stressful news? I had a beautiful 9.6mm triple stripe lining this morning and was given my trigger shot. PIO starts tomorrow. (Yuck.) We are 6 days from transfer. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That sucks...sorry it was so difficult. Happy they are on their way and your lining looks beautiful. Count down to transfer...how exciting =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is a ton to go through!! Glad everything lined up and that things are looking good!! Wishing you the best and hope that you have great news to share with us soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, moving day for the embies! Hope they are safely stored now. So excited that you shared when you are transferring! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete