Thursday, January 23, 2014

August 24, 2014

Finally, I've been given a due date! And finally I got an ultrasound picture that is worth posting! Here's the little critter measuring 9w2d. Despite what the picture says, we're going with August 24th as the due date, based off of all the other information we have. That is 10 days after our 10th anniversary. What a gift!



I got to hear the heartbeat today. We listened two separate times because the nurse suggested recording it on my phone. The rate was between 171 and 185 bpm, nice and strong. She also showed me baby's brain, umbilical cord (which we could see was pulsing), and the shrinking yolk sac. All signs of a very healthy pregnancy. 

Getting through this ultrasound was a huge mental milestone. I am measuring a full week further than I ever did with my Junebug. There were many happy tears today. I am so grateful.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, many happy tears. Some of them weren't even yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only listened to the heartbeat about 25 times so far today.... Gr Wendy. Ditto what Gr Cheri said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO-HOO!!!! So exciting =) Your little critter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete