Sunday, February 9, 2014

12 Weeks

Twelve weeks ago, I never would have believed I would be writing this post. It's amazing and wonderful how life can take you by surprise sometimes.

So here I am, twelve weeks pregnant, with no medical assistance to get here. It blows my mind every. single. day. One of these days I want to write a post about how I found out I was pregnant and my mom's reaction to it, but it'll have to wait for now.

I'm afraid to even write about how this pregnancy is going. I used to hate reading blog posts from women who miscarried and then went on to have uneventful healthy pregnancies, yet all they did was worry. I used to feel so annoyed with them, like get over it and enjoy this! You don't know how lucky you are. But now I really do understand the fear. The fear of having it all taken away again. But it's silly to think that simply writing about how things are going can cause me to lose this baby. So, here goes. This is how this pregnancy is going at 12 weeks.

How Far Along: 12 weeks exactly

How Big Is Baby: About the size of a small lime (around 2 inches)

Sex: I really have no gut feeling this time. Let’s say I’m leaning 50.1% boy, 49.9% girl. I’ve looked up the skull, nub, and Ramzi theories, and so far the only one I can apply is the Ramzi method, which suggests girl. And it accurately predicted Noah to be a boy. Who knows!

Symptoms: Fatigue in the afternoon and evening, sore/swollen chest, hypersensitive gag reflex, nightly food baby

Food Cravings/Aversions: I still get grossed out over the thought of smoothies with any sort of leafy greens in them. Sometimes bananas sound gross too. I have no cravings that come to mind.

Belly Button: It has definitely become more shallow already, and when I’m extra bloated or full, the top part seems to want to pop out a little. (Already?!)

Sleep: I wake up to pee around 4:30am every night. Otherwise I sleep well, with vivid dreams.

Stretch Marks: No, nothing new. However, I have noticed the shimmery lines from the few I got last time more than I did before I was pregnant.

Weight Gain: I’m guessing about 3 pounds?

Maternity Clothes: I wore a few maternity shirts this week, but only because I was in desperate need of clean tops and I covered them with cardigans. I definitely do not need maternity wear yet!

Movement: Nine out of ten times, I am certain I only feel gas and digestion. Then I’ll experience the one out of ten sensation where I think, is that possibly the baby? Probably not.

What I Miss: Absolutely nothing!

What I’m Looking Forward To: Clearing my 12 week appointment later this week. If all is still well, then Thursday night we are going to tell Noah that he’s going to be a big brother. I have been looking forward to this moment for almost 2 years now. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

Best Moment This Week: Snuggling with Noah on the couch this morning as we watched The Fox and The Hound.

Milestones: Every day of this pregnancy is a milestone to me!

And now for the bump. If it weren't for the bump, I would assume all is well. But since everyone says that you show earlier with the second baby, it makes me a little nervous that I'm still so little for 12 weeks! (Side note, for whatever reason I look especially small today. I looked bigger yesterday. Early bumps are so sneaky!)


For reference, this is 11 weeks with Noah.


And this is 13 weeks with Noah.


2 comments:

  1. Just awesome. I understand the worry....I have pretty much worried, puked, or felt uncomfortable throughout this whole pregnancy. I think Noah is going to flip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! Don't worry about the small bump, I showed a tiny bit earlier with #2 but only be a week or two maybe. Can't wait to hear about your appointment later this week. When we told our DD about her little bro she was impressed for all of 2 seconds. It took a while for it to sink in =)

    ReplyDelete