Before bed, Noah planted some magic jelly beans in a basket. In the morning a chocolate bunny, a bunny glow stick, and a few other treats had grown from the beans. Or so he believes. :)
He then found his Easter basket and began his hunt for the eggs.
With the eggs we had dyed, I made some deviled eggs. It has been forever since I've had some since we never have Easter with family anymore. Noah was not so impressed.
Today is also the beginning of National Infertility Awareness Week. This is something I am still deeply passionate about, although I don't know where I fit in anymore. Twice now Brian and I have succeeded at fertilizing an egg all by ourselves, and one of them is currently alive and kicking inside of me right this second. We have no idea if we are just the luckiest infertile couple ever, or if maybe we're not so infertile anymore. Either way, if you've lived through infertility, you never really forget what it feels like and the trauma stays with you. I truly hope that each and every one of you reading this achieves (or has already achieved) your dream of creating the family you have always wanted and deserved. I have so much more to say on this topic, but I'll save it for another day. So many complicated feelings.
And finally, today marks 22 weeks in this pregnancy!
How Far Along: 22w0d
How Big Is Baby: The size of a spaghetti squash or papaya. (About 11 inches long and roughly one pound)
Sex: I'm still thinking it's a boy. And still no desire to find out early!
Symptoms: Occasional heartburn in the evenings, stretching and low heavy pressure, braxton hicks contractions (always a good reminder to drink more water)
Food
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing I can really think of. I am loving Jelly Belly sour jelly beans right now though.
Belly Button: Mostly out, especially when I've eaten a full meal.
Sleep: Knock on wood, but this is still going great. I usually sleep through the night without needing to use the bathroom, and I've only had minimal back pain on occasion. The hips are still doing great, and I am so thankful for that!
Stretch Marks: Nothing new.
Weight Gain: I have no idea. I am not really keeping track.
Maternity Clothes: I have given up on using the belly band on any pre-pregnancy pants. It just doesn't work anymore. But I can still pull off a number of pre-pregnancy shirts for now.
Movement: I'm not sure if this baby is way less active than Noah, or if the anterior placenta really has that much of an effect. I feel movement daily, and I get some pretty strong kicks from time to time, but it's nothing like I remember with Noah. We'll see if things change as baby grows.
What I Miss: Absolutely nothing!
What I’m Looking
Forward To: Noah's birthday tomorrow and upcoming birthday party next weekend.
Best Moment This
Week: Earlier this week, baby was kicking consistently in one spot. I asked Noah to come over and feel. I held his hand in place, and when he got a solid jab, he gasped and got a big smile on his face. This was by far one of my favorite moments of this pregnancy! We also got the crib reassembled today with Grandpa Tom's help. I'll admit I got a little teary when I saw it in the room. I cannot believe that in 4 months we're going to have a little baby sleeping in there!
Milestones: Noah feeling his first kick! My heart is so full.
The Bump:


Love Noah's reaction to the deviled eggs *LOL* You look awesome. I had anterior placentas with both kids so I can't compare but I know as the baby grows bigger and bigger there is less difference because the placenta thins and becomes less of a buffer. I think my OB said around 30 weeks you feel pretty much the same strength of movement as someone without an anterior placenta. Awesome that Noah has felt some jabs! Hope he has a great 4th b-day....how have our kids gotten that old?!?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete