Monday, April 7, 2014

Halfway There!

Yesterday marked the halfway point of this pregnancy. I've heard a lot of people say that their second pregnancy seemed to go fast, and so far I have to agree. It's crazy! Today was our big anatomy scan, and I am super proud to say, Brian didn't peek! So we don't know what we're having, although when the tech typed the information onto the image, I think I only heard three keys click, so I'm thinking B-O-Y. (And the heartbeat finally dipped below 150 and came in at 146bpm.) I guess we'll find out in another 20 weeks or so! The only thing that mattered to me today was that baby is healthy. All measurements came in right around 20w1d, and I received a prompt email from my nurse afterwards confirming that the baby, uterus, placenta, and cervix were all considered normal. Thank God! I am so grateful, and feel like I can finally relax and fully enjoy the rest of this. At the ultrasound it was also confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta, so that explains why I have felt less movement this time around. I am not too disappointed though, because with my smaller size I can still easily feel and see quite a bit of movement. I think it's just the smaller moves that I can't feel as well for now. The other thing that made me really happy today was that for the first time ever, we got some really nice profile shots! With Noah, he was always facing the screen or buried head first into the placenta, so I don't have a single good profile shot of him. This was my favorite of the bunch, with baby sticking its fingers into its mouth.



We also got several pictures of the baby's feet because the machine kept printing them on accident. This was the best of those.




How Far Along: 20w1d

How Big Is Baby: According to BabyCenter, baby is as long as a banana. The sonographer said that based on measurements the estimated weight of our little one is currently 12oz.

Sex: Team Green! But I'm leaning towards boy. We finally picked a boy name (we've had a girl name for years) which was the only reason I couldn't picture another boy, so now I'm totally excited for either possibility. 

Symptoms: Nothing new, but I don't think I've yet complained about the constant pulling and low pressure I have felt. I don't know if this was something I dealt with last time, but man. I am often so uncomfortable. If I could just sit all day without having to ever walk, I would be thrilled. It definitely gets worse as the day goes on. Part of me thinks that part of it could be not drinking enough water. I have the hardest time drinking boring old water, but I think it's extra important now that we live at 9000 feet. I'm trying!

Food Cravings/Aversions: I've hit the stage where I really want soda. I rarely drink any when not pregnant, so this seems like an actual craving to me. I bought some A&W rootbeer and it is delicious!

Belly Button: Mostly out.

Sleep: Thankfully this is still going pretty well. My back gets a little sore, but so far my hips are doing well. Hip pain was the worst part when I was pregnant with Noah, so I hope it continues to hold off.

Stretch Marks: Nope.

Weight Gain: I haven't weighed myself recently.

Maternity Clothes: When my mom was in town we went shopping for some new stuff. A lot of it is for warmer weather, and I can't wait to wear it. For now I'm relying on the winter stuff I have from last time and bigger shirts that still look and fit okay with the bump.

Movement: During the last week movement has become more frequent and more obvious. I love the big, strong nudges that I get from time to time. Brian finally felt some believable kicks this week too. Finally! (So take that anterior placenta!)

What I Miss: Absolutely nothing!

What I’m Looking Forward To: We have a lot of fun weekend plans that I'm looking forward to including a going away party for some friends and a birthday party for one of my friend's daughters.

Best Moment This Week: Today's ultrasound!

Milestones: We're halfway there!!! Baby measured right on track and looked healthy and happy!

The Bump:


3 comments:

  1. Yay for everything looking good!!! And I admire your willpower to stay on team green!!! Maybe the tech write GRL to throw you off? = ). So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! This is going fast...half way there, wow =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture of your baby's profile! And also, good for you for not weighing yourself religiously. This pregnancy, I haven't weighed myself at home...just at the doctor's office...and it's been nice to not really know.

    ReplyDelete