On December 21st, I wouldn't have believed that I would be here today, but I would have been thrilled. Yesterday baby and I hit 24 weeks, which means we have hit the ever anticipated point of viability! Thank you Universe!
How Far Along: 24w1d
How Big Is Baby: According to different sites, baby is over a pound in weight and about a foot long. Food comparisons include an ear of corn or a cantaloupe.
Sex: I still often find myself saying she, even though I think it's a he.
Symptoms: More of the same. Foot pain, back pain, low heavy feeling at times, and really pathetic bladder control at times. None of it is all that bothersome at the moment. I'm happy to deal with all of it.
Food
Cravings/Aversions: I could live off of ice cream. I have been dying for sweets lately. No aversions.
Belly Button: Out and proud.
Sleep: I still feel really lucky in this department! The only interruption this week was when Noah had a bad cold and fever and woke up crying a few times.
Stretch Marks: Nothing new.
Weight Gain: I am not keeping track, but I'll find out Thursday.
Maternity Clothes: Yup.
Movement: I don't think the anterior placenta is having any impact anymore. Sometimes this kid goes completely crazy, and I feel it all. I've tried explaining to Brian what some of the sensations feel like. One of the weirdest ones is when it feels like two marbles are rubbing together. I don't know how else to explain it.
What I Miss: I must admit, I miss being able to easily pick up Noah and carry him around. When he's all sleepy and cuddly in the morning, it's so hard to actually hold him and snuggle.
What I’m Looking
Forward To: My OB appointment on Thursday. A short week with students.
Best Moment This
Week: My dad's visit. Thankfully Noah recovered just in time to enjoy it as well.
The Bump:
![]() |
| Excuse my tired, fake smile. Mondays at work destroy my will to live. |
![]() |
| This is a 24-week comparison between pregnancies. This picture finally confirms for me what I've been feeling: I am carrying so much lower!! |



Whew, viability! Always such a wonderful mark to pass =) I carried lower the 2nd time too. I think our muscles just don't hold those babes up like they did the 1st pregnancy. You look great!
ReplyDeleteYay for 24w!!! Hope your appt went well today!!
ReplyDelete