Sunday, August 17, 2014

She Is Here!

This will be brief since I'm posting from my phone, but I wanted to let you all know that Elodie had plans of her own! I'll tell the crazy tale in detail at a later time, but we had a rather urgent c-section yesterday, August 16th, and Elodie Lee was born at 1:11pm. She weighed 6lbs1oz and was 48cm long (almost 19"). Her head circumference was 40cm, and although that is the 100th percentile, it really doesn't look as unusual as I expected. She is just a little peanut!! She has had very stable vitals, is breathing room air with no assistance, and has attempted nursing! I have been able to hold her several times, and am just about to go back for another fix and another attempt at nursing. Despite all of the absolutely great things that have happened so far, the reality is that she does have many hurdles ahead of her. Provided that her platelet counts and clotting factors improve after her platelet and plasma transfusions today, she will be having her shunt placed tomorrow afternoon. The thought of my 2-day old daughter having brain surgery is daunting, but we trust she will be in great hands and surrounded with love and prayers. So if you pray, please do. If you're more of a positive thoughts and vibes kind of person, please also send those her way. Thank you!

Pictures, birth story, and many updates to come!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world little Elodie, all my thoughts are with you tomorrow little lady...and of course with your mama and papa. If anything could get me to pray this might be it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Hope everything goes smooth with the surgery and your little girl recovers quickly with as little nicu time as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek!! so exciting! I'm glad everything is going smoothly so far. Prayers for a speedy, safe, straightforward surgery for her this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you all! Cannot wait to see pictures of your little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! And I am CRAZY about her name. Do you pronounce it like "Ell-odie" or "Ay-lodie?" Elodie was one of my very top names for a long time, but the reason we didn't go with it was because I couldn't decide which pronunciation I wanted to use. I thought both sounded so pretty! Saying a prayer right now for her and for you as you face surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pronounce it like Ella-dee. And thank you! I fell in love with the name years ago but never thought I'd actually ever get to use it. Brian's family only makes boys! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! I've been a lurker on your blog for a few years, a fellow infertile myself, and from MN too! I've been so excited for you (perhaps living vicariously through you!) during this pregnancy and have been praying for you even more in recent days. So glad to hear Miss Elodie is already beating the odds and hope she will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo - praise God! So happy she is here and believing and praying with you that she's going to pull through all of this. Much love and happiness to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that everybody is doing well! I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts as you tackle these hurdles. You've got this mama. Welcome to the world Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you & elodie. Hope the surgery went well and she is recovering smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Hope everything continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete