
(Little arms!! And I think that's the yolk sac above the head.)
Yesterday afternoon we had our second ultrasound. Everything looked perfect. It was pretty funny, the second our baby made it onto the screen, Brian shouted out, "Was that an arm??!!" And sure enough it was! I can't believe the difference from week 7 to week 8. Amazing. We heard the heartbeat again, which was nice and strong at 178 bpm. Baby measured 8w4d, so I was very reassured. And I made sure to ask this time if s/he is positioned safely in the uterus, which s/he is. Right as the u/s tech was about to pull out (for lack of a better phrase), she stopped and pointed out movement. Baby was moving his/her head side to side. So cute!! And it turns out Brian was right, the head is to the left for now. So maybe baby was cheering last week? I guess it doesn't look like Eve after all. I'll need a new nickname.
We met with Dr. Albrecht afterwards and the first thing he said as he walked in the room was, "Now aren't you glad I talked you into just one?!" I LOVE him! There wasn't much to talk about, so it was short and sweet. I've officially graduated to an OB. Of all the graduations I've been a part of, I think this is truly the most exciting (and I was freaking THRILLED to graduate from grad school)! I feel a little sad to be done with our fertility clinic, though. The care there has been excellent and super personal (so if you live around Denver, I highly recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates). I've never been impressed with our HMO, but I guess I won't judge their OB practice until I experience it. 7 days!
Happy graduation!
ReplyDeleteYay! Beautiful pic and Happy Graduation! :) I totally agree with you about the vaccination part... I am waiting to speak with my OB, I haven't quite made up my mind, though I am leaning towards abstaining!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big step...on to the OB! Great news! And what a beautiful ultrasound pic.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pic! Happy graduation to you.
ReplyDeleteHoooray on the graduation!!!!!
ReplyDelete