I've been reading some good pregnancy books. I recommend the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. It's way less "here's what might go wrong this month" oriented than WTEWYE. I also like The Pregnancy Journal because it goes day by day and has room to write and take notes. The problem I have with both of these books is that I can't read them and believe them. I'm having the hardest time accepting that all is well. I read everything as, "well, that might be happening, but maybe not." You would think after 2 positive ultrasounds that my mind would be eased, but no. And now I seriously doubt that the third u/s this week will help either. I can't imagine how insane I'm going to go after this week. I won't have another u/s until sometime between 18-22 weeks. How will I know everything is ok?? If only I could just relax and believe this will last.
And now, updated symptoms.
Current cravings: Apples and caramel sauce (but maybe just cause it's almost fall)
Current energy level: Fairly fatigued, but better than last week
Current appetite: Let's just say I'm eating a lot more than normal
Current mood: Cautiously optimistic, mixed with occasionally very teary
Current weight: 113 (this wasn't taken in the morning though, I don't think I gained 3 pounds in a week)
Nausea?: Nope
Other random observations: I sometimes get dizzy when standing after sitting for a while, my hair is getting all greasy despite daily shampooing (gross), I have frequent twinges and pulling sensations when moving (which I've read is normal so I'm trying to ignore them), and I still have not managed to sleep through the night without waking up to pee.
I'll post a belly photo soon (I need Brian's help and he's not home yet). Still not much to see, but I think it's gonna start soon so I may as well have a baseline.

:D Have you tried this calculator? It's for IVF babies and it calculates from your egg retrieval date. http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the baby bump pic. Apples and carmel sauce sounds great! :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had cravings. I eat only because I feel awful when I don't. Otherwise, I have essentially no interest in food. It would be nice to crave something, to know what I want to eat... to simply WANT to eat. Maybe I'll get cravings in the second tri.
ReplyDeleteI did my calculations based on egg-retrieval. Subtract 14 days from that date, and use that as the LMP (last menstrual period). If you don't have a due-date-calculator handy, subtract 3 months from the "LMP," then add one year and one week to get your due date. IVF makes such a mess of everything that the standard questions don't give us the right answers.
Happy 8-weeks+!
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog via a comment you left on Eileen's blog :(. We have the same exact due date (and I also think my Re's office is one day off for me)! Congrats! I am excited to follow your journey.
Miss MVK