Friday, October 30, 2009

What Not to Expect When You're Expecting

I've realized there are a lot of things no one ever seems to mention about being pregnant, at least not to me. Here's a list of some of the things I've discovered so far.

1. Hair growth on the tummy. I'm not a fan, at all.

2. Round ligament pain. Ouch.

3. A growing bust is not nearly as fun as it sounds.

4. Your first ultrasounds are done vaginally. (But I did get a heads up from the IVF.)

5. A constantly stuffy nose.

In other news, I wish I had taken a before photo facing the camera. I noticed yesterday that my waist has basically disappeared. Today I am on the hunt for comfortable fitting pants. I tried some on at Motherhood Maternity yesterday. It didn't go well. Either the waist was HUGE, or the legs were way too short. I have a feeling my lifelong shopping struggles have just gotten much, much worse. I'll try Hot Mama and GAP maternity today, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lisa. Try Old Navy for jeans. And I got my dress pants from GAP. They're nice...

    If you think there's a lot you don't know now, just wait til the baby actually arrives! This ain't nothin :).

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete