Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bad Blood

I found out today that I'm Rh-, so I'm going to get a shot at 28 weeks to prevent my body from developing antibodies against a potentially Rh+ baby's cells. If baby turns out to be Rh+, then I get another shot after delivery. Yay! More shots! ;)

My appointment was a little uneventful otherwise. I like the OB. He reminds me of a grad school professor that we all adored. We got to listen to the heartbeat. He told us that sometimes you can hear baby move, and it sounds kind of like a record scratch. Then, right on cue, baby started squirming around and we heard his/her DJ skills. Pretty cute! No ultrasound today. I have to call tomorrow and set one up for 20 weeks. So 4 weeks til we know if it's snakes and snails, or sugar and spice. I'm dying to know, but I will be ecstatic either way.

2 comments:

  1. Some of the best people I know are Rh-... myself included! It's not "bad" blood. :-) I've known since I was 14 (high school biology class), and my mother is also (-) so I heard about rhogam shots and all that pretty early in life when my younger siblings were born. It doesn't phase me, but I guess it can be quite a surprise if you hadn't thought about it already.
    Hurray for listening to baby's antics! I'm happy to hear that all is going well in your pregnancy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A note from Lisa's mom: It's her FATHER'S blood, not mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete