Monday, January 11, 2010

26w0d

I signed up for Childbirth Preparation classes this afternoon. We'll be going in early March. We've talked about signing up for another class called "Babies, Baths, and Bundles" which goes over basic baby skills. Neither Brian or I have ever changed a diaper, and I never babysat, so I feel like we could use all the help we can get! Sometimes I wonder if I will have any clue what the heck to do when we bring our little guy home.

26 week update:
Current cravings: Nada
Current energy level: Good
Current mood: A little anxious
Baby movement: He's still very active. Sometimes at night it's really distracting when I'm trying to get to sleep. He also frequently kicks what I think is my cervix, which always weirds me out. Not the most comfortable place to be kicked.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful belly shot! Having grown up in a large family, I've changed my share of diapers and done a whole lot of babysitting. but that all pretty much ended 25 years ago, so even some of us with "experience" plan on taking a refresher course. Don't worry too much, though. I think a lot of caring for a newborn comes from instinct and just getting to know your baby. You're already great with the youngsters in school. I'm sure you'll be superb with your own. Happy under-100 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful belly! I would totally sign up for those classes to just to have the basics explained by professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic! I just finished the BF class this sat... I dont think I am going to be able to do any more... my husband plans on going to the baby care class.... hopefully with that, online videos and my Mom around we will be able to manage.

    ReplyDelete