Sunday, January 10, 2010

Woohoo!

We're less than 100 days away from meeting our little man! (Unless of course he's a slow poke like his mommy.) It's an exciting day for other reasons, too. One of my friends gave birth to her son early this morning. I'm a little envious, but my time will come soon enough! I'm also getting together with a friend who has offered to throw me a shower to work out some details. It's finally my turn!

Work this week was funny. So many little kids have started to really figure out that "there's a baby in there." I had one little kindergarten girl start banging on my tummy, and she said, "Whoah! That's so hard, I bet it's his head!" I just laughed and told her, "Then you should probably stop hitting him!" And I finally got one of the dreaded questions from a little boy in the same class, "How did he get in there?" I've decided to tell little ones that a doctor put him in there. One, it's true, and two, it seems like a safe answer. So far no one has questioned me any further. I was worried he would press on and ask out he gets out, but the little girl piped up and said, "I bet it will hurt when the doctor takes him out!" Yes, I'm sure it will. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your response to that little girl should have been, "Who asked you?!" (Of course, I'm kidding.)
    - Your mother
    P.S. SOOO excited you're under 100 days now!Can't wait to meet that little boy in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete