We had a rough night last night. It's one thing when you lose to the better team. It's quite another when you beat yourselves into submission. Five turnovers? Ugh, it was so painful. Such is the life of a Vikings fan. We're all a bunch of masochists. But this is supposed to be an IVF/Pregnancy blog, so enough football talk.
This weekend we decided to do a little nursery decoration shopping. We picked up a super cute painting of an owl to go with our forest animals theme, along with a raccoon wall decoration that goes with our bedding. We also bought a window valance. Now we need curtains, lighting, and the swivel glider so we can put the room together. Can you believe our house doesn't have any overhead lighting in the bedrooms? So weird.
I continue to feel bigger and bigger, and so does our little man. His movements are becoming very strong. Instead of little kicks and punches, now I feel whole limbs moving across my tummy. It kind of feels like those back massager things against my hand. And to watch it happen is even crazier! Sometimes when at work I'm afraid a little kid is going to freak out if they notice the giant bump moving along my stomach. It's like something out of Alien. A lot of coworkers have started asking if I'm ready to be done yet. I really do enjoy being pregnant, and I feel lucky for how well I've felt throughout. But yes, I'm starting to feel a little impatient. I just want to meet my son and hold him in my arms!
28 week update:
Current cravings: Root Beer
Current mood: Relaxed
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: Sleep is getting less and less comfortable, so I feel a little more tired most nights.
Baby movement: See above
Contractions: I've been making an effort to drink more water, and it seems to keep the Braxton-Hicks away.

My condolences on the loss of your Superbowl. Helluva game, man.
ReplyDeleteThe game killed me! I could hardly even bear to watch the overtime. Your purchases sound fun! I can't wait until you post pics! :)
ReplyDeleteI watched most of the game and expected the Vikings to win it even though Favre isn't my favorite guy any more (either retire or don't, but please cut the drama!). I think I fell asleep and missed the end. I blame Ishkabibble for that. I'm always falling asleep now.
ReplyDeleteHurray for 28 weeks! You're way ahead of me on decorating the nursery. I'll have to do some catching up as soon as our furniture arrives. Be well!