Monday, March 8, 2010

34w0d

Brian and I attended our first childbirth class this Saturday. Brian didn't seem as impressed with it as me, but that's probably because he won't be the one giving birth to this baby! I found it really comforting to have clear expectations of what to expect, and I enjoyed the insight into how to deal with the whole labor process. It made me feel more confident about the whole upcoming event. This weekend we'll finish up the class with a tour of the birthing center of the hospital, and information on pain management. I don't doubt for one second that I will want an epidural, but I'm very curious to learn about other methods and options.

My shower is coming up in two weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it so that I can figure out what else we should buy before the big day. I feel really unprepared as far as baby supplies go, but I don't want to go stock up on anything beforehand. One of the three schools I work in is also going to throw me a small shower. They're planning on giving a gift card and getting a cake. It's very thoughtful considering how part-time I am there.

34 week update:
Current cravings: Reese's peanut butter cups and chocolate ice cream
Current mood: Content
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: I've been getting really tired a lot earlier over the last few days
Baby movement: Lots of hiccups and rib-kicking.
Contractions: They're definitely picking up in frequency and intensity, but still irregular enough to not freak me out too much.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa's husband says:

    She was the one who was goofing off during the labor positions practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wasn't about to get on my hands and knees and stick my head in your lap. It just didn't look right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Things have sure changed since I had childbirth classes. There was one position and it involved stirrups. There were no laps involved!

    ReplyDelete