Monday, March 15, 2010

35w0d

Time is seriously starting to fly. I have 14 days of work left and I cannot wait to be done! Every day people tell me how tired I look (gee, thanks). I don't feel that bad, but I definitely spend more time in my office than I used to. For anyone in special education or anyone who's familiar with it, I have somewhere around 25 IEP reports to write before my last day on the 9th. Sheer insanity! I'm really looking forward to Spring Break in 2 weeks. Speaking of work, my special education teammates threw me a surprise shower/lunch today. I definitely was surprised! It took me a second to even realize that they were serious. They brought in food, a cake, and a gift card to Babies R Us. I have some amazing coworkers!

Brian and I finished our childbirth class this weekend. It started with a tour of The Baby Place. The labor and delivery rooms at our hospital look like nice mini-hotel suites. The jacuzzi tub looked amazing. I hope I'll be able to use it! We also learned about the pain management options the hospital offers. I'm fairly certain I'll want the epidural (I know a lot of women who were determined to use nothing and ended up getting one, so if I'm feeling doubtful ahead of time I'll be shocked if I don't ask for it!). But I'm also determined to try to get as far as I can without it. I really don't want to give up early and prolong the labor process. We also went through a practice run of labor. I was not very into it. I'm kind of a cynical person, and pretending to be in various stages of labor and practice a bunch of positions to relax felt really stupid to me. The day I go into labor, I don't expect to be in a big conference room sitting on the floor with 20 strangers around me. So excuse me if I can't take this seriously. I'm sure I'll be on my couch, or in the tub, or trying to take a walk on the actual day. The one thing I did get out of it though was the knowledge that I wanted a birthing ball, so we picked one up the other night. We'll see if I actually want to use it. I just don't think you can know for sure what you will like or what will work best until you're actually in labor.

In other news, I've gotten 4 ocular migraines in the last month (it's a type of migraine that doesn't involve much of a headache, but produces weird auras in your vision and creates a growing blind spot which lasts about 20-30 minutes... lots of fun). I usually only get one or two a year. I'll be sure to bring it up at my appointment next week. I'm sure it's hormone or sleep related.

35 week update:
Current cravings: Soda (but I refuse to indulge)
Current mood: Getting excited and seriously impatient!
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: My sleep sucks. I wake up to change positions all the time because my hips are killing me, and I have to pee. So yeah, I'm tired.
Baby movement: He's still very active despite how tight it must be getting in there.
Contractions: I really wish they would go away. Some stop me in my tracks or slow me down. 5 more weeks...

6 comments:

  1. In a little more than a month you will be holding your little guy in your arms (and up to the computer so we can see him via Skype!) It will all be soooo worth it, you will quickly forget all the aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so close to being done with work. But, OMG 25 IEPS? I am so so sorry. You will make it through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - 35/35!!! Time sure has flown by! I am so excited for all of us who have cycled together!

    Hope you can get the school work done with minimum stress! Hang in there... just 2 more weeks and then you will be enjoying the mini break before getting super busy with your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's getting so close!!

    http://teseivf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're a genius for beginning your leave before the due date. I'm finding it more of a struggle every day just getting dressed and presentable for work. Congratulations on hitting 35 weeks- this is when my doc said, "If labor starts, we won't try to stop it." Soon, your baby will be in your arms! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I wish I could start leave NOW. I daydream at least once a day about quitting my job and spending my days on the couch watching HGTv and sipping ginger ale....but alas, we must save moulah for the bebe.

    And only 5 weeks! He's almost here!

    ReplyDelete