Monday, March 22, 2010

36w0d

I had my baby shower with friends and mother-in-law this weekend. It was a lot of fun! We finally have clothing for our little guy, so I don't have to worry about a naked baby anymore. Here's some pictures from the shower.

Me in the middle, looking not very pregnant somehow.
The host Cindy made an awesome diaper cake! (It took her 3 hours!!)
I felt bad that Brian didn't get a shower, so I packed up all the gifts and had him reopen them. He, being a man, wanted to play with everything. So he figured out the Baby Bjorn and tested it out with a stuffed animal. This is him looking "manly."
In other news, I had my 36 week appointment today. Not much news there. We got a quickie ultrasound and confirmed that he is still head down, back to my left side, and feet jabbing into my right side. So comfortable...

36 week update:
Current cravings: Nothing
Current mood: A little stressed out. Not feeling prepared at work or home.
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: Declining. Ready for spring break next week.
Baby movement: He's a little foot jabber.
Contractions: It seems like they've eased up a bit. (I probably just jinxed myself.)

7 comments:

  1. Destress, Hon. Kathy and I embark on our Old Girl's Road trip on Saturday. We will wear our capes and tights and come bearing recipes, aprons, and dustcloths. You WILL be ready by the time we leave on Thursday. (Or darn close anyway depending on how many margaritas are consumed - by us not you, obviously). Oh, hell, we'll get 'er done margaritas or no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. from Lisa's momMarch 22, 2010 at 4:57 PM

    P.S. Yes, Brian is looking very manly here. Perhaps we'll bring HIM a cape, too. He looks ready to leap tall buildings.
    P.P.S. Adorable cake. Cindy did a great job!
    P.P.P.S. Where IS that baby? You don't look very pregnant!
    P.P.P.P.S. Can't WAIT to see you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! I too am glad to have followed your journey! You have been a great support - thanks a bunch! We are almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diaper cake is adorable! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Try to relax. That little one will be here before you know it and all will be good with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...your mom is hysterical!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yippee!! what a beautiful shower. I love the diaper cake. You look awesome. I feel the same, a tad stressed, overwhelmed, etc, but that will all go away the second you have that little munchkin in your arms!

    ReplyDelete