One more month until D-Day! It's slowly starting to hit me. Yesterday my favorite school threw me a baby shower after the faculty meeting. I scored some great baby gear, as well as two $50 gift cards to Babies R Us from the social committee. That was about double what I expected, and so appreciated. I love that school. They also collected money for a birthday raffle. Whoever guesses the closest time and date of birth will win the money. One of the teachers picked April 15th because we had an interesting little child at our school earlier this year with that birthday, and his parents' names were the same as Brian and I. Not a funny joke, but it would be weird.
My mother in law is visiting this weekend to attend my shower. (And I'm pretty sure she was more than happy to find a reason to visit one more time before the birth. Baby was very quiet when she last visited in December, so she missed getting to feel or see him really go nuts!) We're looking forward to her brief visit. Hopefully this snow will let up in time for her flight tomorrow morning! Brian had another snowday today, but since I'm in an urban district (and not at 8300ft) I had to make the sucky commute to and from school. I guess winter wanted to end with a bang.
31 days til Baby (give or take).
10 more days of work.
I am SO ready!!!!
Wow, that was sweet of them! Enjoy your last few weeks of sleep! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for 1 month! Have fun at the shower! :)
ReplyDeleteIt will be here before you know it. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletePeople can be surprisingly generous, especially when it comes to babies. I guess there's just something irresistable about babies and all the adorable gear available. I hope your last month of pregnancy slides by at just the right pace for you... fast enough to satisfy the need to finally meet your little one, and slowly enough so that you feel completely ready when he arrives. This is so exciting!!
ReplyDelete