Monday, April 19, 2010

Still Cookin'! (40w0d)

Sigh, no baby yet. It's pretty wild to see my countdown at 0. Too bad that's not a guarantee of anything. I had my 40 week (and hopefully LAST) OB appointment this morning. At first the doctor said I hadn't progressed at all, then took it back and said I was definitely a good 2cm and about 70% effaced. Baby still has some dropping to do, being around -3 to -2, but the doctor seemed to think there was some definite progress made after all. He guessed that we'll see some action later this week, and I won't need induction. But I have a 41 week appointment scheduled next week to discuss induction if necessary. PLEASE SHOW UP BABY!! (Especially because Mom is starting to sprout stretch marks. Boo!)

40 week update:
Current cravings: Nothing
Current mood: Increasingly impatient
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: Lacking
Baby movement: He does a lot of stretching
Contractions: Getting more and more intense (uncomfortable) and frequent. Hoping that's a good sign!!!
Current weight: 133.5

I'm thinking that he looks lower than at 38 weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed this is the week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you can thank the little guy for holding on to accommodate his Grandpa's travel schedule! I hope he makes his appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby in your floating fetus widget is going to be 5 foot 8 and asking to borrow the car if this keeps up! Come on, baby, it's time to get born!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the stretch marks are finally sprouting - that was my big fear with going overdue! Hopefully you won't make it as bloody far as I did :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... 40 weeks! I still remember our basking in BFP with constant worries days! I can't wait for your lil ones update. Rest up as much as you can... the days and nights just fly by after the grand entrance! Wishing you the best of best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He does look lower! Get out here little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raspberry leaf tea! I swear it helped me out. Also, lots of walking. And then, when baby feels good and low, bend over and touch your toes- it puts pressure on your bag of waters and can help break it if you really want to get things moving. I leaned over to pick something up off the floor... water broke, and 5 hours later we had our baby girl.

    Hang in there!! Can't wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete