In regards to how much Noah has grown, he's gone from 7lbs 4.5oz (12th %ile) at 2 weeks to 10lbs 4oz (25th %ile) at 8 weeks. He has also grown 2 inches in height, and is now a long and lean 22 inches, which is also at the 25th percentile. I was reminded to give him a vitamin D supplement so Brian and I picked one up after the appointment. We also mentioned that he tends to look to the right more often, so we were instructed to encourage him to look left. Most likely his preference is due to how he was positioned in the womb. Hopefully we can get him to be an ambi-turner and go to the left so we don't raise a little Zoolander (and avoid a flat spot on his little noggin.) He has quite the bald patch on the back right side of his head from rubbing against his mattress. The rest of his hair is starting to grow back though. I'm looking forward to him regaining the adorable hairline he had when he first emerged.
In other news, we're off to Minnesota later this week. The grandparents are going to die when they see how much personality Noah's gotten! We're looking forward to time at my parents' cabin, seeing old friends (one of which who has a baby 5 days younger than Noah), and maybe catching a Twins game in their new outdoor stadium. I can't wait to get home, because I think this drive is going to SUCK!!!!! A 13 hour drive with an 8 week old and a hyper, needy dog? Wish us luck (and patience)! We're going to need a lot of it!

Aw poor little guy! Have a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the weight gain! Wish we were climbing the percentiles too. Hope you have a safe trip with good driving.
ReplyDelete