Hard to believe it's been 6 weeks already! Things around here have drastically improved for me because Brian's school district wrapped up for the school year yesterday. I now have his help 24/7 until mid-August! Thank God!!!
Not a lot is new with Noah. He smiles a bit more now, but he still tends to be stingy with giving them out. Yesterday we were at Brian's staff picnic and the principal's wife was holding him. When he saw me and Brian standing in front of him, we got a big grin. So cute! He was actually really content and enjoyable for the entire 90 minutes we were there. It was fun! I was surprised he did so well because he's had laryngitis all week and was a bit cranky all day Tuesday. Memorial Day was another fun day. We spent the afternoon in Golden, which is a super cute town on the west side of Denver. We ate at our favorite pizza place and walked along the creek that flows through the town. After that we went to a local mall to walk around. I bottle fed Noah while we were there (I'm still not comfortable feeding him from the breast away from home). Brian commented on how it was our first successful feeding away from home, and about 5 seconds later, Noah puked it up all over himself and his car seat. We had to head back to the nursing room and clean him all up. It was kind of funny. He looked super adorable and content afterwards. Here's a picture (it's my new favorite photo of him).

He also continues to love his mobile. There are 4 animals on it: a squirrel, a fox, a raccoon, and an owl. He loves his owl the most. I love watching him follow the animals with his eyes.

Sleeping is still not the greatest. It's hard to get him to nap during the day. If he isn't sleeping on me, he won't stay asleep in his crib for more than 30-45 minutes. At night he goes anywhere from 2-4.5 hours between feedings (from start to start). Last night was our best yet. I fed him at 9:35 pm, 2:00 am, and 6:15 am. And now that Brian doesn't have to work, I have him get up to put Noah back to sleep after he's done eating. It gives me close to an extra 30 minutes of sleep. It's amazing what 30 minutes can do. Speaking of, the little guy is asleep right now, so I should wrap this up!
On a final note, I had my 6 week follow up (and final... for now) OB appointment today. Everything went fine, although the nurse thought my thyroid might be enlarged. I had to have a blood draw and will follow up with my primary care provider. I hope it's nothing!

So cute! Glad to hear that things are going well, and very jealous that you and Brian have the summer to spend with Noah. I should've been a teacher! (I know it's not an easy job... I'm just a little anxious about what I'll do when my niece returns to college in the fall and I run out of vacation time)
ReplyDeleteHappy summer!!
He's just adorable. :)
ReplyDelete