Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rollercoaster

This has been a very up and down week. Noah practically refused to nap on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday went better, but then that night he barely slept a wink, so neither did I. Grr. Since school was wrapping up in my district this week, I got out of the house both Thursday and Friday visiting the two schools I primarily work for. I wanted to show Noah off before everyone was away for the summer. He got lots of oohs and awws, and I got a lot of "you make me sick" reactions from people in regards to my return to pre-pregnancy weight (I do have a few extra pounds hanging around though). Thursday and Friday night Noah went for four hours between feedings (from the start of one to the start of the next), meaning I got 3 solid hours of sleep between them. Six hours of sleep in one night, although broken up, has been very therapeutic. I'm still dying for more though. I bought a scale so I can weigh the little guy. I just wanted some reassurance with the breastfeeding. He's close to, if not already, 9 pounds! I can't believe that. I've heard a couple people say 10 pounds was the magic weight where their baby slept for at least 5 hours. I'm crossing my fingers, because with his weight gain of about 1-1.5 ounces per day, that could be just a couple weeks off! Also, smiles have been popping up more and more, but I'm still waiting for them to get more convincing!

Today is a special day around here! Brian and I have always celebrated it as our true anniversary. (I actually treasure this day more than our wedding anniversary.) May 29th is the day that Brian asked me out after German class during my junior year of high school. That was 12 years ago! Hard to believe it's been that long. I'm so glad I said yes, because I wouldn't have my little Noah if I hadn't!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hope that 10lb mark comes soon. What a fun anniversary! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could watch what I eat more since I'm still 22lb up, but I'm scared that id I lose weight, my already borderline milk supply will no longer be adequate.
    We also care about the aniversary of our first date 12.5 years ago more than out wedding anniversary 5 years ago. Happy anni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little smile, kind of reminds of Elvis..Hey, baby! Good luck with the sleep mission and hope you enjoyed your special day.

    ReplyDelete