Friday, May 7, 2010

2 Week Appointment

Today's doctor appointment went great! I like the pediatrician. She seems very European, in a Scandinavian (Minnesotan) kind of way. My worries about breastfeeding have been eased quite a bit since he's gained nearly a full pound since his last weigh-in. He's up to 7lbs 5oz! What a little champ! I was given the "ok" to ease up on waking him at night to feed since he's proven himself to be a good gainer. Woohoo!

Everything else was good. He seems to be quite healthy and happy! The only crappy part was going to the lab to get his second heel poke done. I have heard him scream for sure, but not like that. I almost cried with him. And his tear ducts must be kicking in because there were little tiny tears. So sad.

It felt really good to get out of the house and drive my car! I definitely need to head to BRU and pick up a mirror so I can see him in the backseat. I don't like this whole facing-away-from-mommy business. Speaking of mommy business, I'm really looking forward to my first Mother's Day. I can't believe I'm a mom!! Wishing all you other new moms and moms-to-be a very happy, blessed Mother's Day!!

P.S. Has anyone else read or heard anything about Pampers diapers and their new Dry Max technology? I read an article yesterday about people complaining that their little ones are getting nasty rashes and what appears to be chemical burns from these diapers. The pediatrician wasn't aware of it, and suggested going back and forth at each changing between another brand and Pampers if I'm concerned. We bought some Huggies last night, which don't seem to fit quite as well, but the last thing I (or Noah) need is blistering, bloody, baby butt!

5 comments:

  1. I heard about the diaper thing on the news. Strange.

    Glad the appt went well. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly thought that he was thriving, he was so happy and beautiful while we were there. How nice to have it confirmed in the doctor's office! And I am so glad you have been given the green light to get a little more sleep at night. The world is a much better place if you can even get 5 hours of sleep uninterrupted! I hope it goes well. Please give the cutest grandchild in the world a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good job on the breastfeeding. Above birthweight by 2 weeks is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. I hear you on the crying along with them. When I brought your big brother in for his first well baby check, the doc asked, "Does he ever stick his tongue out?" I thought he was joking - like "Is he being naughty yet?" So I laughed and said, "No." He said, "I don't think he can." What?! So he said he needed to clip the frenulum (the membrane under the tongue). He said it wouldn't even hurt him; just got a scissors and did it. I was, of course, skeptical. No anesthetic. Nothing. Just SNIP. Not hurt? RIIIGHT. He CRIED AND CRIED, and I almost did, too. And much as you HATE needles, wouldn't you rather they'd poked YOUR heel yesterday? Happy Mother's Day, Dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know someone who's kiddo got horrible diaper rash for 2 weeks before they realized it was from Pampers. She got better within 24 hours of switching brands. It might not affect all kids skin, but its definitely a real problem.

    ReplyDelete